Import Custom Music And Sounds Already Possible?

shmenkman000

• 1 month later...

Yes and yes, sort of.

Right now it is possible to open the menu music (found in jukeboxmusic.bin) and change it. What we don't know how to do yet is to tell the program where each file starts. This means that in order to hear a complete song, it needs to be the same length as the file you're replacing (or else it will cut it off; if the song you put in is too long you'll hear it start in the middle when the song it goes into plays - I don't know that I said that very well, hopefully you get the point). You can open it with Adobe Audition with the following settings:

48000/Stereo/8-bit, 8-bit Unsigned

I don't know if another program such as Audacity can open it - it may be possible.

As far as in game (broadcast?) music, it's pretty much the same issue. There is also 50 minutes(!) of edits of the theme, so there would need to be a lot of testing done to see which file goes with a specific event (open, close, lineups, etc).

One obstacle as far as making mods go is that these files are large- the jukeboxmusic.bin is 397 MB and the broadcast music (found in pamusic.bin) is over 1 GB... so a program similar to WUMCHAN would need to be made so specific parts of the file can be changed.

Archived