Rookie Questions - Help Please

soxcubslefty

I'm new to this forum. Looks like you've been around for years, but I'm just learning of your existence. I've owned MVP '04 since it's release and was looking for a way to update the player rosters when I found this forum. So, I have some questions :huh: :

1. What is this '05 or '08 mod that can be downloaded somewhere, what does it do?

2. Is the download safe for my PC, are there glitches and gameplay issues if I use it?

3. Why are there so many people modifying uniforms (I didn't even know one could do that)?

4. Has one of the modifiers done the '69, 72 or '84 Cubs uniform?

5. Does anyone know if EA will EVER get the baseball franchise back?

6. Will using any of these modifications crash the game/my computer?

7. What's better about the '05 version of MVP?

Thanks to all, in advance for the assistance.

1. The MVP 2008 mod completely updates uniforms, rosters, cyberfaces, teams, schedules, stadiums, etc., up through the 2008 season. Also tweaks some of the mechanics. It is amazing.

Unfortunately, the main 2008 mod is only available for MVP 2005. I think Pirate made a version for MVP 2004 last year. I haven't played it, but reviews seemed positive.

To download, go to the downloads section of this site--in the toolbar above--click the MVP 2004 folder, click "Total Conversions," and you should be able to find the 2008 mod for MVP 2004. If it's not there, try the same thing over at www.eamods.com

2. I don't know of any glitches associated with the mods. Should be fine so long as you install them correctly. Speaking of which, the Total Installer Thingy (TiT) is helpful for this purpose and required for most of the MVP 2005 mods at this point.

3. I would imagine because modifying uniforms is awesome. Also, a good number of major and minor league uniforms have changed since 2004 and 2005. Some also have created fantasy-type concept uniforms, which are pretty cool for variety. Also goes to another of your questions, below--you can modify uniforms to look like those from years past.

4. No idea.

5. Anything's possible. The current contract will run out sometime in the next few years, at which point EA can probably try to bid back the contract, just like the current contract owner outbid EA years ago. Trouble is that there's no guarantee EA would create a new version of MVP for the PC. Though who knows--if MLB 2K9 for the PC does well enough, maybe EA would take notice...though success for 2K9 would likely also make it more likely that 2K would get to keep the license...

6. This seems to be the same question as #2, and my answer is the same.

7. There's more mods for MVP 2005, more issues fixed, overall a step up from 2004 even when not modified. I played MVP 2004 from July 2005 through most of 2006 before finally forking over money on EBay for MVP 2005 and switching over. It's amazing, overall. Problem is that it's not produced anymore, so you have to scrounge for used copies on-line, usually sold on EBay, for upwards of $60-70.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Archived