Players Faces Not Showing

Jay-Dee

Hello, I've been searching the forum but I didn't find an answer to this...

I started a franchise with the tigers and being a proud venezuelan I brought Bobby Abreu and Melvin Mora to the team.

However when I started playing, I noticed their faces weren't showing, instead I could see these horrible generic faces. I thought "There's no way they didn't make Abreu's face, oh well I'll have to live with it".

A couple of days later I started a game and there was Bobby Abreu's face! so it's working now, it will always show his face but Mora's face is still a generic one and it won't change! :huh: I played a friendly game with the Orioles and I can see his face there! so is this some kind of bug?.

Has anyone had this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks

Jay

Thanks for your reply

I've always played on the highest video settings with no problem, my PC does meet the all requirements, I don't have any trouble playing and all the faces look fine, I've only had problems with these 2 players who happen to be new to the team, there seems to be some conflict there, Melvin Mora is originally with the Orioles and I can see his face when I play an exhibition game, but it will show a generic face when I play my franchise and he's with the Tigers.

Anyone?

Yeah that's strange I've never seen that problem before. Do you have a profile for mlb set up within your video card settings? I had an instance where all of the players were extra shiny. I deleted my video card profile for the game and everything went back to normal.

can you post a screenshot?

I used to have this problem with MVP because my video card sucked. But then I got a hold of 3d analyze and it tricked my video card into something that fixed the issue.

Here's the screenshot, I think the guys at 2ksports did a good job with his face and it's really annoying to see this zombie on third base when I play my franchise <_<

mora_face.jpg

EDIT:

I did have a profile for the game but deleting it didn't make a difference, anyway I don't think it's a video card issue, everything else works as usual!. And remember, Abreu's face eventually worked! so I dunno what's wrong!

I've had that problem as well. I thought it might have been because all the players that it occurred with were ones I sent to the minors and brought back up to recover from injuries. It happened with one player, but then he reverted back, but three other players have been stuck with the generic faces.

I've had that problem as well. I thought it might have been because all the players that it occurred with were ones I sent to the minors and brought back up to recover from injuries. It happened with one player, but then he reverted back, but three other players have been stuck with the generic faces.

My players were not sent to the minors, or injured, I don't see a pattern here, Mora's face is still the same... anyone knows how to solve this?

This is a bug.

If a player is called up/sent down, traded, signed, whatever. If they move teams, there is a chance of this happening. I don't know what causes it, but it is extremely retarded.

What are the chances of it fixing itself with time? Like a said after a couple of games Bobby Abreu's face was there, but I've played over 20 more games and Mora's face is still like that, I tried sending him down and calling him back up but no luck :(

Has this bug been reported? Anybody else having it?

The chance is about 0%. I don't see why anything would change over time. Only thing that could possibly change it is moving them around, but i wouldn't expect that to change it back, only to something else.

I've seen it asked about on the 2K forums so it should be reported. But I'm doubting that we're gonna see another patch to fix all these issues.

The chance is about 0%. I don't see why anything would change over time. Only thing that could possibly change it is moving them around, but i wouldn't expect that to change it back, only to something else.

I've seen it asked about on the 2K forums so it should be reported. But I'm doubting that we're gonna see another patch to fix all these issues.

It's obviously not 0%, I didn't do anything to fix Abreu's appearance and It was fixed eventually, I bet this conflict can be sorted out, It better! It doesn't mess with the gameplay but it makes the game really ugly, I'm loving this game more after the patch, all my games are even, I just wish this bug would go away.

Also I think some people don't realize this is a bug cos they just think the guys at 2ksports didn't take the time to make most of the faces. if you notice Guerrero's face is not there, or Manny's or Abreu's or Pujols', it's a bug!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived