Fielding And Running

Timmackman

Whats the best strategy to even do this correctly?

I thought it was my controller that was the problem, which i think it is a little better now. But the fielding is still rediculous, everytime i throw the ball it always goes to 3rd base. And throws it wild at that.

Then for running, i thought they did it themselves, but I got guys advancing on fly balls and getting doubled up.

Post-patch, the fielding has smoothed out for me (especially outfield play).

Using a 4-yr old Logtich Dual Action and Analog throwing. Haven't had any issues with throwing to the wrong base.

For your baserunning, there is no automatic baserunning. You control it.

Have you used the Practice Modes for Baserunning/Fielding? Also, what kind of controller are you using.

Well got latest drivers, and new logitech controller and still throwing to 3rd, so either im doing something wrong or what I dunno, Is Xbox type controller recommended for this game cuz if thats gonna work then maybe Ill go buy it if not this game and the extra logitech controller was a waste of my time and money.

I use a logitech rumble pad and also do not have any running issues or throwing to the wrong base (unless I do it my self. Have you gone into the control setup to make sure the controller is mapped accordingly? mine was automatically set correctly, but you never know.

Aslo, like Maestro said, use the practice modes, those help a lot.

Here is how I did mine, maybe it will work for you

I use the 4 buttons on the FRONT of the controller to navigate menus.

Once the game starts, at the main screen, I press the #7 button to bring up the menu, then use the left analog stick to scroll down to OPTIONS and press the #8 button.

Once inside the sub-menu, I again use the left analog button, scroll down to CONTROL SETUP and press the #8 button. Now inside the control setup screen i use the # 5 and #6 buttons to navigate through the different headings. I start with ACTION BUTTON/KEY first. Set up all the buttons and sticks in that menu FIRST, then proceed through the BATTING, FIELDING, PITCHING, and BASERUNNING sections. When your done just press the #7 button to back out and SAVE when it asks you to using the #8 button.

I hope this helps someone :)

As I posted this I got to thinking maybe you cant use those buttons, until you set up the controller in the game, in that case try using the bracket keys( [ ] ) to navigate the headings and the less than greater than keys( < > ) for sub menus

Archived