How To Pick Your Team In Franchise Mode?

shinderhizzle84

i thought i saw this posted somewhere else here, but for some reason, i can no longer find it. after waiting ALL DAY for the rain to stop, i finally went out to my local ebgames roughly an hour ago to buy this game for my pc. i don't have a stupid controller, and no, i will not buy one, so i am going to be using my keyboard for this game. however, when i tried to start a new franchise mode, i was completely unable to choose a different team other than the los angeles angels of anaheim of los angeles (or whatever the hell it is this year). Either way, im stumped, and incredibly frustrated. ive got the manual right here that lists the conversion for all the different buttons, and i've tried every possible button available, and have also tried clicking on those two arrows next to the angels name. i have 2k7 for the 360, but i decided that since it is basically the same game, i might as well save the 40 bucks by buying the pc version. the point is that i'm no novice to 2k.

anybody who has had this similar problem and knows of a way to fix it out there?? anyways, thanks so much, i'd really appreciate a straight-faced answer instead of one in which you have to gasp it out in between bouts of laughter :D

thanks

Well, I use a Logitech Dual Action that I've had for 4 years. Cost me $20, but I went in and started a Franchise with Keyboard control to see if I had the same problem as you.

On the screen where you can select your team for franchise, I used the "[ ]" keys and cycled through the teams. Picked my team, Hit ENTER and proceeded to the next screen. No issues.

lol thanks so much!! I feel pretty stupid now, though, because i decided to patch my game, and COMPLETELY forgot that the patch didn't work with the direct download game!!! so now here i am, reinstalling it...lol. Either way, i've got a couple more questions related to the keyboard, and i'm hoping somebody can help me:

i'm playing on a laptop that does NOT have a numpad built into it's keyboard. right now i am at home, so i have the luxury of using an external, full-size usb keyboard. either way, i'd still like to be able to play this game on the road, which means that i'd have to use the regular keyboard that is built into my laptop. i was reading the controls for this game from the manual, and id appears that a lot of the functions in-game require me to use the numpad. Is there any way to reprogram the controls so that i DON'T need to use the numpad? I know that in MVP there was 2 sets of keyboard controls, the second one being easy to use without a numpad. is there anything like that here in 2k9, or am i only going to be able to play this game at home?? thanks!!

Archived