Post-patch Pitching

Wicked420

Is it just me, or does it seem like the pitchers have lost a lot of control? I can't nail my spots like i was before and I get many more wild pitches then before.

Don't get me wrong, i love it! I like not being able to pitch perfectly, especially when I'm behind in the count i actually have to use my fastball instead of knowing that curve is gonna break exactly where i want it too.

I'm just wondering if i am the only one noticing this?

Is it just me, or does it seem like the pitchers have lost a lot of control? I can't nail my spots like i was before and I get many more wild pitches then before.

Don't get me wrong, i love it! I like not being able to pitch perfectly, especially when I'm behind in the count i actually have to use my fastball instead of knowing that curve is gonna break exactly where i want it too.

Yea that's right!!!!

I'm playing with no ball cursor mod because is too easy pitching perfect and no throw balls anyway. And now (Post Patch) looks very nice and real life pitching. Yesterday, with Aaron Cook I walked 3 D-Backs and throw 62 pitches in 4 innings.

Final game's stats:

Col: 127 Pitches

Strikes: 67

Balls: 60 (5 D-Backs Walked)

I'm remain with no ball cursor mod. I'll probe with ball cursor today.

With patch this game looks like 9 or 9.5 in ratting for me. ;)

elpatorojas360....

I also play with no ball cursor for the same reason as you stated. I also use break aim rather than final aim...And like you said, it sure makes a difference when playing with the patch installed.

The break or final location of the pitch is not nearly as predictable as before and makes the game much more realistic from a User Pitching standpoint....I also find as a User batter(thanks to the patch) that I now am able to coax a walk from the opposing pitcher every once in a while.

Getting some very realistic games and scores with slider adjustments in addition to the patch.

I enjoyed the game prior to the patch but the patch really brings the game to life....Having more fun with this sim than I thought I would.

elpatorojas360....

I also play with no ball cursor for the same reason as you stated. I also use break aim rather than final aim...And like you said, it sure makes a difference when playing with the patch installed.

The break or final location of the pitch is not nearly as predictable as before and makes the game much more realistic from a User Pitching standpoint....I also find as a User batter(thanks to the patch) that I now am able to coax a walk from the opposing pitcher every once in a while.

Getting some very realistic games and scores with slider adjustments in addition to the patch.

I enjoyed the game prior to the patch but the patch really brings the game to life....Having more fun with this sim than I thought I would.

Yea!!!!

And let me tell'u something. In sliders, if you put the gesture UP (30-100) thas very fun. If you down the gesture (30-0) the pitching is very similar before the patch. That's not fun for me.

I'm still working in batting for realistic homeruns. I'm not use the lef stick direction batting and total control, but HR's numbers not fine to me yet.

If u have a solid sliders for realistic batting, please put here and share my experiences too.

I use the Guru's pitcher sliders.

:rolleyes: Sorry for my bad english

I noticed the same thing and thought the patch was responsible for the loss of control with certain pitches (my inside fastballs were hitting batters way too often and my breaking balls had an erratic break to them, if they broke at all.

It turns out those results were a product of my "Pitch Gesture" settings.

Run a test a game with Pitching Gestures set to 75, Wicked. See how that works for you. I've lowered mine from 100 to 70 and noticed a dramatic difference (for the better) in pitch control and breaking ball behaviors.

I was having a lot of problems post patch as well (balls way out of the zone, everything inside hit the batter, trying to throw a slider and getting a curve instead). I found a couple of things which helped. First I started being more forceful with my right stick gestures, almost slamming it into position. Surprisingly, this helped a lot. It seems that when I was moving the stick moderately the game would detect that I had released the stick as it passed through the center position (I play with release timing on).

The second thing was that the game seems much more sensitive to the ending position of the gesture than it was pre-patch. So if my slider stated at 9 o'clock and ended at 3, and my curve started at 7 o'clock and ended at 1, I found that trying to stop my slider between three and four gave me much better assurance of getting the right pitch.

My current pitching slider settings are at 70 for gesture recognition, 70 for hold timing and 20 for release timing. I'm getting so pretty decent games, including occasionally walking batters. I'm still hitting more batters than I'd like, but I've found that changing the pitching camera to zoom 10, position 1 gives me much better control (I'm using pinpoint aim). If I can improve just a bit more than I'll consider turning the ball cursor off which I think gives a much more realistic feel.

Archived