Create-a-player Bug & Unmapped Control

caribou

I created a player and assigned him to the Cubs. Now he appears on the Cubs roster but his level is listed as "FA." Selecting him acts as if he's a free agent so I cannot release him. If I try to trade him or swap him on the roster my game crashes to desktop... I can't delete the created player because it says he's not a free agent... is my roster file ruined or is there anything else I can do?? Anyone know why this bug happened and how to create a player without it happening??

ALSO,

I can't get to AAA/AA/A rosters... Before the patch I still couldn't use my 360 controller, but I could hit "4" on my keyboard. It drove me NUTS that I would use my controller and have to get up for the keyboard only to press the "4" button... but now I can't even do that...? I saw someone post in another thread that if you start and exit a game you get the keyboard controls back but besides that PITA, has anything else been figured out AND, more importantly, is there a way to get the button on my controller to work correctly?? I swear I've pressed every button on the controller and mapped every control, but I can't get it to swap levels...!

I can't get to AAA/AA/A rosters... Before the patch I still couldn't use my 360 controller, but I could hit "4" on my keyboard. It drove me NUTS that I would use my controller and have to get up for the keyboard only to press the "4" button... but now I can't even do that...? I saw someone post in another thread that if you start and exit a game you get the keyboard controls back but besides that PITA, has anything else been figured out AND, more importantly, is there a way to get the button on my controller to work correctly?? I swear I've pressed every button on the controller and mapped every control, but I can't get it to swap levels...!

There are quite a few of us that can't get the keyboard #4 key to work....Check some previous threads. I don't know if there has been a valid answer to the problem.

Yeah, I read that I can start and exit a game to get the keyboard "4" to work again. Thanks for at least that workaround but we all agree its a pain in the butt! But what about using the Xbox 360 controller? I have no other problems and no other buttons that don't work... I only have no way to get the level swapping in menu! Does anyone have a fix or workaround for this...?

And is this Create-a-Player issue unique or what's always happening post-patch? If anyone can create a player successfully, how are you going about it? Is there any way for me to remove the one I currently have? :wacko:

Archived