Major Lag In Game

XxFightingIrish

I have a Dell M1330 and 2k9 lags a LOT. I haven't had this problem before in any other game, and when I try to play another game, I get a warning message saying that screen resolution is not optimal for this dislplay divice and that doesn't happen when I try play MLB 2K9 but it happens for all other games. I would love if someone could help.

I have a Dell M1330 and 2k9 lags a LOT. I haven't had this problem before in any other game, and when I try to play another game, I get a warning message saying that screen resolution is not optimal for this dislplay divice and that doesn't happen when I try play MLB 2K9 but it happens for all other games. I would love if someone could help.

What are your system specs on the Dell M1330? (CPU, RAM, Video Card type)

You are getting that error because MLB 2K9 doesn't like the resolution it's being set to.

Your graphics adapter (which happens to be integrated) is reporting that it's default resolution is greater than what the game thinks is a playable resolution for you.

Games don't like being played at a resolution of lower than the default since it won't look as good. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. You can try going into the game itself and try lowering the resolution yourself, or try lowering your computer's resolution when you want to play. You are using the most current Intel graphics driver right?

Photoshop is not GPU dependent (that much), at least not as much as a game so you shouldn't have a problem with that.

Which versions of those other games are you playing? I can't imagine you are getting a very good playable game with that graphics chipset.

You are getting that error because MLB 2K9 doesn't like the resolution it's being set to.

Your graphics adapter (which happens to be integrated) is reporting that it's default resolution is greater than what the game thinks is a playable resolution for you.

Games don't like being played at a resolution of lower than the default since it won't look as good. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. You can try going into the game itself and try lowering the resolution yourself, or try lowering your computer's resolution when you want to play. You are using the most current Intel graphics driver right?

Photoshop is not GPU dependent (that much), at least not as much as a game so you shouldn't have a problem with that.

Which versions of those other games are you playing? I can't imagine you are getting a very good playable game with that graphics chipset.

I thought he said that doesn't happen when he plays 2K9? Or did i misread his post?

OK I understand now. Your resolution is in the graphic options menu, change it in there to the same as your desktop resolution. On XP you can check your desktop resolution by right clicking on your desktop and clicking on properties and then the settings tab. On Vista it should be something similar but I've never used Vista.

That should make the error go away. You may want to lower the resolution if you still have bad performance.

Archived