Is This A Bug Or Me?

santini88

Okay so after about 20 games I think I have the mechanics down nicely, I can live with the Special Olympics outfielder bug, the menu system is horrible but I can live with that also...but after about six innings the right stick on my Logitech Rumblepad refuses to swing the dam bat, its not every swing but I usually strike out about three or four batters a game. It seems almost like a memory leak or lag problem, the game just isn't recognizing the input, and I can't reproduce it in Batting Practice so I know its not a personal timing issue, or controller problem. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This happens to me occasionally too, but it was alot more frequent before the patch. And yes, it happens to me in the late innings. It's every once in awhile though, where pre-patch I would happen for entire AB's.

Sure did, it works fine while pitching and fielding. It works correctly about 70% of the time while batting, it just occassionally refuses to swing the bat, sometimes it lasts for 1 or 2 attempted swings, sometimes it lasts for a complete inning.

To all the people that made suggestions...thanks. I solved the problem the old fashioned way...I threw money at the problem. I retired my Rumblepad and purchased a Logitech Dual Action at my friendly neighborhood Walmart. As a test I played the Houston Astros and beat them like a rented mule. Pujols 3 HRs, Ludwick 2, Ankiel 1 and Duncan 1. Maybe now I can lower my strike-out rate.

To all the people that made suggestions...thanks. I solved the problem the old fashioned way...I threw money at the problem. I retired my Rumblepad and purchased a Logitech Dual Action at my friendly neighborhood Walmart. As a test I played the Houston Astros and beat them like a rented mule. Pujols 3 HRs, Ludwick 2, Ankiel 1 and Duncan 1. Maybe now I can lower my strike-out rate.

Now try it with JR's sliders for realism instead of the default crap that 2K starts with. My first game had Soriano hitting 4 HR of my Cubs 7 total. Unrealistic. JR's sliders will make the cost of your "rented mule" considerably higher and more realistic. It's not that people playing 2K9 are good, it's just that the sliders are that bad.

I realize the Pro level is pretty patheic, but the game is new to me, a few more games and it will be time to set my sights on a tougher challenge. I've already printed out a set of sliders from OS, which Ill try soon. I'm trying to get control of the Keystone cops that are supposed to be my outfielders. Granted Duncan isn't the greatest defensive player in the league, but if I were him i would sue 2k for defamation of character, and slander. I haven't seen a more comic attempt at playing the outfield since Jose Canseco had a deep fly bounce off his head and go over the wall.

I realize the Pro level is pretty patheic, but the game is new to me, a few more games and it will be time to set my sights on a tougher challenge. I've already printed out a set of sliders from OS, which Ill try soon. I'm trying to get control of the Keystone cops that are supposed to be my outfielders. Granted Duncan isn't the greatest defensive player in the league, but if I were him i would sue 2k for defamation of character, and slander. I haven't seen a more comic attempt at playing the outfield since Jose Canseco had a deep fly bounce off his head and go over the wall.

Fielding has its issues, but its much better post-patch. I suggest you use the Practice Modes for Hitting, Fielding, Pitching, & Baserunning.

Found under Game Modes.

Archived