Anyone else having overlay problems since the new patch?

TRJA

Before installing the new patch I was using a overlay swapper program( I don't remember who did it as I can't find it in the D/L section now).

Well now since installing the neww patch it won't work (it has a list of like 9 different overlays you can use), when I try ot run it now this is what it says

---runtime-error '75'.

path/file access error--- and in in the "dos Temp" window it shows c:Program FilesMVPSwapper>dir overlays /B /AD > overlays.txt--. Where as before I just picked the overlay I wanted went into the game and it ran fine with the new overlay.

I have uninstalled it and re-intsalled it 3 times with it continuing to give me the above error.

Hopefully someone knows how to fix this as I really liked the abil;ity to use all the different overlays with just a 1 sec "click" to choose a new one.

Edit: I just found the D/L on the site again. It was done by Keith Hertenstein (just in case this helps people by knowing which program I am talking about).

Before installing the new patch I was using a overlay swapper program( I don't remember who did it as I can't find it in the D/L section now).

Well now since installing the neww patch it won't work (it has a list of like 9 different overlays you can use), when I try ot run it now this is what it says

---runtime-error '75'.

path/file access error--- and in in the "dos Temp" window it shows c:Program FilesMVPSwapper>dir overlays /B /AD > overlays.txt--. Where as before I just picked the overlay I wanted went into the game and it ran fine with the new overlay.

I have uninstalled it and re-intsalled it 3 times with it continuing to give me the above error.

Hopefully someone knows how to fix this as I really liked the abil;ity to use all the different overlays with just a 1 sec "click" to choose a new one.

Edit: I just found the D/L on the site again. It was done by Keith Hertenstein (just in case this helps people by knowing which program I am talking about).

That would be a sad loss, he made a great app.

Can't test it myself right now, i'd have to apply patch 2 etc.. then check.

Just for that I might actualy NOT apply the patch lol

But I'm eager to hear if the overlay swapper needs an update..

The swapper works fine , although I had to unin. rein. the game anyhow cuz I tryed just backing up the data file then copying the data off the install cds then patching no luck when I moved the stadiums folder back over.=crashola so I reinstalled the game and to my surprise everything worked except I had to redo all the stadium modds arghhh. It wasnt that bad though but the swapper works fine I think cuz its in the programs folder on the c drive seperate from th game all 15 still work for me after 2nd patch :lol:

Well I got it working now. Unfortunately I had to do what Drove did, I had to uninstall and reinstall ( I was saving this as a last recourse). I guess it didn't work at first because of me installing the data folder from the CD's to be able to install patch 2, I guess that messed up something with the swapper.

So the answer seems to be that if all else fails just un-install the game, re-install and then put (any) mods back in and the swapper will work fine.

Archived