Rookie to MVP roster editing requests assistance...

matthewk

Now that I finally have a PC that can handle MVP 2004, I bought the game mainly for the ability to use and create mods. I've installed a number of mods from this site and BSC, and it's great to see what is possible. The classic rosters are truly awesome, very professional looking.

I have experience creating custom roster sets for High Heat "back in the day". I created an all-time roster set for HH2001 that took a LOT of time, so I know wht's involved. What I mainly need help with right now is knowing what tools are needed and the basics of using them. I can figure out the details, but it would greatly shorten the learning curve if those who already went through this process could get me pointed in the right direction.

What I'm looking to do is generate a league full of all-time teams. The classic teams have already been done by a couple of people, so I won't bother reinventing the wheel. The teams wold be the best players who ever played for a particular team, but I will break it down into just post-1960 players in order to give teams like the Brewers a fighting chance. I also like to limit each player to a single team, so you don't have Reggie Jackson on both the Yankees and As.

I want to include portraits, and use accurate pitch arsenals (using the Neyer/James book of Pitchers as a guide). What tools do I need, and how (in general terms) do I use them?

Now that I finally have a PC that can handle MVP 2004, I bought the game mainly for the ability to use and create mods. I've installed a number of mods from this site and BSC, and it's great to see what is possible. The classic rosters are truly awesome, very professional looking.

I have experience creating custom roster sets for High Heat "back in the day". I created an all-time roster set for HH2001 that took a LOT of time, so I know wht's involved. What I mainly need help with right now is knowing what tools are needed and the basics of using them. I can figure out the details, but it would greatly shorten the learning curve if those who already went through this process could get me pointed in the right direction.

What I'm looking to do is generate a league full of all-time teams. The classic teams have already been done by a couple of people, so I won't bother reinventing the wheel. The teams wold be the best players who ever played for a particular team, but I will break it down into just post-1960 players in order to give teams like the Brewers a fighting chance. I also like to limit each player to a single team, so you don't have Reggie Jackson on both the Yankees and As.

I want to include portraits, and use accurate pitch arsenals (using the Neyer/James book of Pitchers as a guide). What tools do I need, and how (in general terms) do I use them?

Download RGlass's MVP EDIT to create and update rosters as well as importing photos.

Archived