Help With Inserting Umachines Cap Updates

gordgraff

Sorry I couldn't find the actual thread covering UMachines cap updates.

They look fantastic, however the process to add them is very complicated. I have done all the steps sufficiently up until when they are added back into the game...I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I watched the iffeditor tutorial video, and followed everything fine until the part where he 'compressed' the files and replaced the original file with the updated file. The iffeditor beta 9 doesn't seem to come with a 'compress.exe' file, so do we just reinsert the non-compressed file back into the game? I did try this, but the cap didn't seem to look right.

Any help would be most appreciated.

hopefully this helps,this is how i do when im modding

first have both iff editor and adobe photoshop(i have cs4 extended) installed on your

computer

Im going to work with the pirates as an example for u to follow.

extract the downloaded caps to a folder of your choosing.I named a folder caps and put the caps here

copy and paste from the pirates piratescap30 and piratescap31 and put these 2 files into

the iff editors bin folder

what i do is in my main 2k9 folder i have created a folder called originals and i copy

whatever file im working with and place the copy in this folder in case i screw something up.

now go to the 2k9 main folder and look for uniform_pip_bph.

place a copy in ur created originals folder and also place a copy inside the

IFF editor bin folder

drag the uniform_pip_bph file to the decompress.exe and then click run.

this should give u 2 more files.

now run the editor and click open,double click on the uniform_pip_bph to open it up.

on the editor's left side u will see sequence.Go to sequence 4 and u should see a green

screen of the pirates cap.The green screen are your stitchings u see on the uniforms and caps etc.

important:click on save,a box will open save this file as 04 or whatever u want so that u will have

the original and save it as a png file

Now drag the file piratescap30 to the editor.U should see in the editor that it changes

and a small box opens up to ok the change

now go to sequence 08 and it should be the pirates colored cap.again click on save and name it to whatever u want

id use 08 this way u know what sequence number u are working with

now double click on the piratescap31 and it should open up photoshop.

in photoshop click on file

and save as PiratesCap31 copy or whatever is easiest for you,save it as a png

drag the copy onto the editor and as before u should see it change and a little box open up and ok it

ur now finished just copy the uniform_pip_bph and place it in the main 2k9 folder and start the game and ur new cap should be

now in game

Archived