patch #2 no-cd

I'll just summarize the discussion that's going to follow to save everyone a lot of effort.

Guy1: No, we're not going to link a crack for you. Stop pirating and buy the game you evil *******.

Guy2: Hey, not everyone that uses no CD cracks are pirates. I use them because I don't like having to change CDs all the time.

Guy3: They're illegal and 90% of people that use them are pirates.

Guy4: The legality is a grey area.

Guy2: Less than 90% are pirates. I know a lot of people with legal copies that use them. They even had articles and editorials on using them in gaming mags lately.

Guy1: STFU PIRATE?!?!!!11

Did I miss anything?

I agree with all that.

Instead of asking everyone for a no cd, just search for one, its REALLY not that hard.

I believe they wanna keep discussions like that away from the forums.

By the way... The new patch just came out last night, those patches don't "magically" appear.

Maybe EA developed one to go with the patch!

hehe (I'm kidding... before we get a bunch of threads asking where EA's no cd patch can be found)

The only game i know of that actually included an official no-cd patch in an official patch was in Unreal Tournament 2003... good old guys at Epic games, but then again, the game had like 4 CDs to install from, so i guess they saw the mear size of the game as their anti-piracy attmept to detur people from just downloading it.

Bottom line is, they aren't that hard to find, so some companies realize they have larger piracy issues so why fight it that way?

I use the No CD cracks because I have my games installed on my laptop, and I travel a lot, so I dont want to be carrying the CD with me. You should have seen me yesterday, scrambling to find my MVP CDs so I could copy the "normal" files back so I could install the patch.... :banghead:

I use the No CD cracks because I have my games installed on my laptop, and I travel a lot, so I dont want to be carrying the CD with me. You should have seen me yesterday, scrambling to find my MVP CDs so I could copy the "normal" files back so I could install the patch.... :banghead:

I am right there w/ya Backfraft...besides by the time i have had the game for 3 months my 11yr old has scratched the disk beyond useability

I am right there w/ya Backfraft...besides by the time i have had the game for 3 months my 11yr old has scratched the disk beyond useability
I have a 3 year old that likes to scrape the discs across my hardwood floors like a hockey puck.... Thankfully I lock them away from him, so he usually only does it with his DVD's :lol:

I have a 3 year old that likes to scrape the discs across my hardwood floors like a hockey puck.... Thankfully I lock them away from him, so he usually only does it with his DVD's :lol:
im thinkin it might be time to invest in alcohol120 or clonecd

Archived