More Controller Questions

ravens12

Anyone ideas on a controller that works well with this game (I can't even get my logitech dual action to work with this game!) that does not cost alot of $? I'd love to begin playing it over the holiday weekend and get a franchise going but I need to find a controller that will work with the PC. Being a Ranger fan and seeing us actually have a decent team this year makes me want to play this game even more! Thanks everyone...

No I have not. Is that what fixed it for you or was yours already working with this game. I can't get it to swing or do anything even when assigning "swing" to a specific button. Also, are there any better instructions anywhere on how to configure your controller/buttons for this game? What came with the game was not really helpful. Thanks...

No I have not. Is that what fixed it for you or was yours already working with this game. I can't get it to swing or do anything even when assigning "swing" to a specific button. Also, are there any better instructions anywhere on how to configure your controller/buttons for this game? What came with the game was not really helpful. Thanks...

My Logitech was configured properly by default when the game was started. (Controller plugged in before you start game). Use START button on your controller when you have a choice between ENTER/START. ENTER is for Keyboard control. For some reason, the game gets confused when you use ENTER and have a controller plugged in (can cause some buttons not to work). Steps you need to take:

1. Make sure you game has the latest patch for PC: http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k9

2. D/L latest drivers for your controller: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/288&...88&cl=us,en

3. With controller plugged in, start your game. Use START button on your controller. Then go into Controller Setup screen. (Main Menu>Options>Controller Setup). Also on the Controller Config screen, Click (Push Down) on Left Ananlog stick to get to setting up Batting/Pitching Options.

4. Good Luck. :hi:

post-30931-1246651171_thumb.png

post-30931-1246651242_thumb.png

Thanks for the assistance. I installed the latest drivers for the controller but could not get it to work. Might still be doing something wrong. My dual action has button 9 & 10 right in the middle, is one of those the start button? In the controller config screen, nothing happens when I push down on the left ananlog stick. However, I already have assigned button 1 to set and button 2 to swing, but nothing happens in practice mode when the ball is coming to the plate. I notice that when I assign controllers before a game/practice mode, I dual action acctually controls "player 1" instead of my profile name. This could be the problem but can't figure out how I control my profile name. Thanks again...

Archived