MVPEDIT - changing manger info

capa

When I change manager info (name, ht, wt, etc...) in MVPEDIT 20, the changes are applied to all the teams, not just the one I am changing. Anyone else see this? Is there a workaround?

I am changing classic teams by the way...noit the original MLB teams included with the game. These are ones in AAA and AA levels...

C

The minor league managers are all the same. They use the same ID #.

You'd have to edit the manager dat file and make it so that the teams ID # is set to take from a specific manager's ID #.

I think I'll take that on as a project. I'll tell you when I get it done, and then I can just e-mail you the new manager dat file.

You'd have to edit the manager dat file and make it so that the teams ID # is set to take from a specific team's ID #.

I think I'll take that on as a project. I'll tell you when I get it done, and then I can just e-mail you the new manager dat file.

I'd be interested in getting a copy of that.

You'd have to edit the manager dat file and make it so that the teams ID # is set to take from a specific team's ID #.

Thank you McDiddy! I appreciate it...

C

No problem, I was meaning to do this before, but I forgot.

I just now created seperate manager ID's for each team, but I've hit a roadblock. The teams dont take the same ID as the managers have, so right now I'm trying to find out where the teams take the manager ID's from, and what links it to the right manager. I'll keep you guys posted.

Things are still in a jam. I cant figure out what tells the teams who their manager is. When I edit thing directly in the manger file things still dont change, so I'm confused. I've racked my brain trying to figure it out, to no avail. I'll keep trying though.

Things are still in a jam. I cant figure out what tells the teams who their manager is. When I edit thing directly in the manger file things still dont change, so I'm confused. I've racked my brain trying to figure it out, to no avail. I'll keep trying though.

You're awesome man. Thanks for all the hard work.

The manager is assigned in the team.dat file (at the very end of each line).

Unfortuantly, the hex id's that are used in manager.dat are converted to number values in the team.dat file. For instance, Joe Torre has a id of 0f415273b in the manager.dat file, but the team.dat file links the team to him with the number -199940293.

I would just start at 0 and work your way up. So the ID would be 000000000, and the number in team.dat would be 0. The next ID would be 000000001, and 1. Remember that the IDs are hex, so 10 would be 00000000a.

This is on my list of things to do for 2005.

I didnt work. :?

I tried what you said, but it still didnt read the thing right. So out of curiosity, I edited Ozzie Guillen's name in the manager file and took out a z, so that it was Ozie Guillen. Then I saved it and loaded MVP Edit. I checked Guillen and saw that his name was still the same as before! So for some reason the manager file isnt making any changes.

I checked to to make sure the file wasnt set to ''read only", it wasnt.

So I'm not sure what to do now.

I didnt work. :?

I tried what you said, but it still didnt read the thing right. So out of curiosity, I edited Ozzie Guillen's name in the manager file and took out a z, so that it was Ozie Guillen. Then I saved it and loaded MVP Edit. I checked Guillen and saw that his name was still the same as before! So for some reason the manager file isnt making any changes.

I checked to to make sure the file wasnt set to ''read only", it wasnt.

So I'm not sure what to do now.

Did you reimport the DAT files after you made the change? I just did it and it worked.

OK, I see what you have to do now. For the manager ID, start with:

070000000 (this is hex number)

And to link him in the team.dat file:

1879048192 (this is a decimal number)

Be sure the manager ID's always have the leading zero followed by an 8 digit hex number. I would just increment the values that I gave you as something else may not work.

Archived