Question about how u guys game.

Renegade44

I just bought a 60 inch high def, sony flat screen, it has an lcd screen just like my laptop, etc. last year i did all my modding on my laptop but i really didnt enjoy playing games cause i was playing them on my laptop and the game would crash, etc. im going to upgrade my desktop's graphics card to a 256mb radeon come next month. My intentions right now are to hook up my desktop to my new tv when it comes time to play, how do u guys think this will work out. I used to have a 50 inch old school bigscreen, and i actually liked the laptop better because of screen quality and the in ability to hoom the sound up to the tv, so i had i big picture with sound just coming off my laptop which sucked. my goal here is to basically be able to play my modded up, life like mvp game on my new tv just as an xbox game etc etc instead of the box, itc coming off my desktop. u guys think this will pan out as planned? do any of u guys do something like this?

I'm new here, but I think I can help you out. I have my PC hooked up to my TV & Stereo in addition and it works wonders for playing games on a large screen. 1st off, get your video card like you said and wire it up to the TV. To do the sound, get yourself a Y-Adapter With RCA Jacks & 1/8" Plug (can be found at Radio Shack, Click Here )

Next, unplug your PC Speakers and hook up the Y-Adapter in its place.

And finally, run an Audio cable from the adapter to your TV or Stereo for excellent sound.

Hope this helps

-BigJayB

I just bought a 60 inch high def, sony flat screen, it has an lcd screen just like my laptop, etc. last year i did all my modding on my laptop but i really didnt enjoy playing games cause i was playing them on my laptop and the game would crash, etc. im going to upgrade my desktop's graphics card to a 256mb radeon come next month. My intentions right now are to hook up my desktop to my new tv when it comes time to play, how do u guys think this will work out. I used to have a 50 inch old school bigscreen, and i actually liked the laptop better because of screen quality and the in ability to hoom the sound up to the tv, so i had i big picture with sound just coming off my laptop which sucked. my goal here is to basically be able to play my modded up, life like mvp game on my new tv just as an xbox game etc etc instead of the box, itc coming off my desktop. u guys think this will pan out as planned? do any of u guys do something like this?

you can do it, but I had a problem with the resolution matching the resolution of my TV. I don't think that I was doing something right. Everything looked too far away. It was hard to pitch. I know it's possible, if you figure it out let me know.

i usually run my games from the pc. i've got 5.1 optical output to the stereo (best sound). it's also has the video output to the main tv. but unless you have a high resolution tv the video is going to look a bit crappy, but on full screen the game looks ok enough to play. unfortunately since i have a wife and our room mate is female too the female hormons take ove the main tv most of the time, so i'm reduced to playing it on the tv when they aren't home. gotta love married life, lol.

Archived