How To Swing The Bat

Proffessor

How do you swing the bat with the XBox 360 game pad? It says to use the right stick but when I move the right stick in the direction it says the batter just stands there.

Go to my controller and set your gamepad mapping to default and try that.

• 1 month later...

I figured it out. In my case it was the game doesn't like Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. I installed the game on my dual boot xp/vista 32 bit system and every thing works fine in Vista Home Premium.

I am running into a similar problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I am unable to swing/pitch with a wired 360 Gamepad. :(

I am running into a similar problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I am unable to swing/pitch with a wired 360 Gamepad. :(

When you start the game, are you using the keyboard for anything? If so, this confuses 2K (Bad programming on 2K's part). From the moment you launch the game, use your controller for everything.

Try that and see what happens.

Had the same troubles.. xbox 360 controller worked fine in Win 7 32bit, but not 64... I found this for 64 bit:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&name=C8G-00004&os=Win7_64&lang=en

Installed it and works fine now.

Wierd......I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I bought a xbox 360 controller plugged it in the computer and play the game no problem. I didn't have to do anything, windows recognizes it right away and it works great.

How do you swing the bat with the XBox 360 game pad? It says to use the right stick but when I move the right stick in the direction it says the batter just stands there.

After reading through this thread, and others, I have some info for anyone having problems, and a question also...

To Swing the bat with an X-Box controller while on a PC, you HAVE to set up the controller in the options section. Once you are done, leave the game, and restart it. Once you restart, (now lets be VERY clear on this,) Once you RESTART the GAME.... NEVER hit the keyboard again... The game runs very well, except for pitching, until you hit ONE Keyboard Key, THEN, you lose the Right Stick completely. It is SO easy to hit the Space Bar, or an Enter Key, but DON'T

This is how MY game has worked... I can play anything I want, as long as I avoid the Keyboard. Pitching is screwed up a bit... You can't Aim very well, if you just get as close to the Strike Zone as you can, You will have problems , but it IS posslible to let the Fielders protect you for an inning or 2...

Now for my Question...

I Have seen info here about a Microsoft Wired Controller, Mainly what I have read is that it works great. Can someone tell me what exactly that controler IS?? I would Buy one and Try it, If I knew that it would be different than my Saitek USB GamePad. MY GamePad shows up in Windows Control Panel as a Logitech, and I have found no way to KeyMap it.

One More Question would be... When trying to pitch, my (Left Stick) goes from center, to EXTREAME whatever... I can't hold the Aim Point anywhere except center, or Full.... (Right,Left,Up Down)

Any help would be appreciated... I have called the US Support number in the Product support portion of the game manual, and THEY told me that ONLY a Microsoft Wired Controller would work. I am hoping someone here already knows, or is fairly sure, that a Saitek, Logitech, or whatever type controller can be used or without a doubt, they can NOT.

Thanks in advance for any help I get,

Any of MY help you can use, glad you can..

KMoffitt

Thanks for the "don't touch the keyboard" info. It seems to be forgotten.

I have a Logitech Dual Action controller. It works fairly well. The LS click and RS click don't function so a few controls will not work. The other issue is the stick controls are in a rounded square shape. This causes pitching gesture problems. I just bought an Xbox 360 Wired controller. The pitching gestures are better because the shape is a circle.

You can buy a wireless or wired Xbox 360 controller. 2K Sports will recommend this controller because it's used in the manual.

One alternative is to try some emulation software. Xpadder can be used to simulate keyboard and mouse functions. http://www.xpadder.com/

I used a controller emulator to play Wheelman before I bought the Xbox 360 controller. xbox360cemu. It can be used to play other games such as Grand Theft Auto 4. Read this forum for the link and info. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=379477&st=0

I have a Logitech Dual Action controller. It works fairly well. The LS click and RS click don't function so a few controls will not work. The other issue is the stick controls are in a rounded square shape. This causes pitching gesture problems. I just bought an Xbox 360 Wired controller. The pitching gestures are better because the shape is a circle.

You can buy a wireless or wired Xbox 360 controller. 2K Sports will recommend this controller because it's used in the manual.

One alternative is to try some emulation software. Xpadder can be used to simulate keyboard and mouse functions. http://www.xpadder.com/

I used a controller emulator to play Wheelman before I bought the Xbox 360 controller. xbox360cemu. It can be used to play other games such as Grand Theft Auto 4. Read this forum for the link and info. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=379477&st=0

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as much as I hate to, I followed instructions and bought a new controller. I got a Microsort GamePad, and guess what? The game works PERFECTLY... I mean, I can use keyboard AND Controller to navigate. For no more than I had to pay, (around $20) I would advise everyone to get one and even if this is the ONLY game you use it for, DO IT..!!! (Why any other perfectly good controller will not work well is an issue that I will NOT take up, or get into)

I also, due to some lag issues, bought a new Vidieo Card. Min Req, was listed as what I HAD, a 6800 series NVidia... I bought and installed a 9800 NVidia, and the game is SO crisp now that I gained almost .100 on Batting average in My Player, this is in Pro Level. I did this in just a hadfull of games mind you. (Basically I changed from 128 to 512K on the Vidieo Card, I needed to upgrade this anyway, I just needed this as the final push..) With the new Vidieo Card, the game runs fast, and I have yet to have a 'skip' while playing. (I have an old machine, but it was the best avalible when I bought it. It has a Pent D, 3.2G The Sound and Vidieo were also the best avalible at the time, now they have been upgraded.)

Hope this helps....

KMoffitt

Archived