Various Colored Baseball Question

tks

2k9 and 2k10 both showed various colored baseballs while batting.

At first I thought the colors represented various hitting zones of the batter...Example, red baseball=hot zone. However, I have no idea if this is correct since there are more colors than those appearing in a player's hitting zone.

All colored baseballs only show up if the pitch is a strike and then only on certain strikes...There seems to be five colors:

...Red

...Blue

...Green

...Yellow

...Gray

Anyone know exactly what they mean?

2k9 and 2k10 both showed various colored baseballs while batting.

At first I thought the colors represented various hitting zones of the batter...Example, red baseball=hot zone. However, I have no idea if this is correct since there are more colors than those appearing in a player's hitting zone.

All colored baseballs only show up if the pitch is a strike and then only on certain strikes...There seems to be five colors:

...Red

...Blue

...Green

...Yellow

...Gray

Anyone know exactly what they mean?

Green is a fastball. You can see what all the colors mean by going into the Inside Edge Report on a pitcher.

Green is a fastball. You can see what all the colors mean by going into the Inside Edge Report on a pitcher.

Thanks 31...

Hate to tell you how many times I have looked at IE and never associated the colors with pitcher tendencies. I was always looking at the top half of IE pitcher information (i.e. Pitch Zone) and basically overlooked the lower half re: Tendencies.

Wife always said I look but I don't see....So, this is just between you and me, O.K.?....She'll never know.

Thanks 31...

Hate to tell you how many times I have looked at IE and never associated the colors with pitcher tendencies. I was always looking at the top half of IE pitcher information (i.e. Pitch Zone) and basically overlooked the lower half re: Tendencies.

Wife always said I look but I don't see....So, this is just between you and me, O.K.?....She'll never know.

Yw lol. It took me a while to figure it out also.

Archived