Lists that might cause crashes from the roster...

JaFFiTh

Hey, It might sound stupid but with my last post, I didn't really get anything, so I'm just wondering if there's anything that's an possiblities that would cause my rosters to crash when i try to play anything, homerun derby, exhibition...only dynasty works....when I simulate it, I can't even play.

So far, lineups, rotations are good, eventhough i still get 2 stupid error message on that fix error thing that says 2 teams's lineup aren't completed, but i checked that..it's done, nothing's wrong with it.

Other than that, I have no clue what makes it crash...hope I'd get more help this time :lol: If not, might have to wait till 2005 comes *groans* I don't know what i'll be doing till then since I've been working on the roster to kill my time, i always find something on it :lol:

my own, it was GForce's, worked just fine but it just decided to crash on me a couple days ago, I've been working on that for months, and out of the blue, it decided not to cooperate with me, except for the sim season in the dynasty, that's the only thing that cooperates

it's different from GForce now, has maybe half of Kerm's players, half GForce, and some of my own additions (the players that they didn't have in the rosters) and lots of updates, such as contact, power, steal aggression, details..those stuff.

This roster what format is it in (.sav or .dat)?

If it is in .sav format, place it temporarily outside your MVP Baseball 2004 and try another roster from this website that is in .sav format and see if it works (I reccommend Storcka's roster). If it does work then most likely something is wrong with that roster file, although reinstalling MVP 2004 and trying your roster might solve the problem. Another thing might be is that your roster file somehow got corrupted. It really is hard to tell and I'm still not sure which roster you are referring to.

If it is in .dat format, you might need to replace all the .dat files you overwrote with your roster set with the ones on your MVP 2004 CD or from a backup DATA folder (if you have one).

Before you try anything, however, if you want to send me your roster set I can try it and see if it crashes my game. If it does then it has something to do with the roster, if it doesn't most likely the cause is somewhere in your MVP 2004 folder.

It's in .dat file..i've tried the default and other rosters, they work just fine, so it's just my own roster..I can send you if you want. It's still work in progress though.

Should i send u the .mbe file or u'd prefer all those .dat files?

I checked out your roster and they crashed my game as well. So definetely one, if not more, of the .dat files is somehow corrupted. It would be impossible for me to tell unless you told me exactly what you edited with MVPEdit.

You mentioned before that your rosters are based off of someone elses. If that is the case, did you use their .dat files and modify them with MVPEdit, or did you use the .dat files that came with MVP Baseball 2004 CD (and if so, what is the latest patch you used from EA?) Another possibility might be that you could have used some .dat files from another author and left some .dat files alone (which originally came off the CD and later was patched).

So what I would need to know is where did each and every one of your .dat files originate from. Also, assuming you use MVPEdit what did you precisely edit (obviously rotation and lineup but anything else)? Without this information, I would have absolutely no clue as to how to help you.

Lastly, the information I need might be time consuming or you might not even remember it all so you might have to face the possibility of restarting all over with a fresh set of .dat files. This would be a last resort unless you can provide me a good portion fo this info.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Archived