Stealing Mechanics

DaveCenker

I have gone through and configured my controller and I have attempted to look through the documentation, but I can't get my runner to actually take off and steal 2nd base (for example). I have the left bumper set to lead off/steal all runners and the left trigger set to lead off/steal an individual runner. I can get them to lead off 1, 2, or 3 steps. But, I can't seem to get them to run to the base they are attempting to steal. Is there some secret I am not aware of? Does this have to be done completely manually? I understand it is probably hard to pull off a successful steal, but right now I am just trying to *attempt* one.

I have gone through and configured my controller and I have attempted to look through the documentation, but I can't get my runner to actually take off and steal 2nd base (for example). I have the left bumper set to lead off/steal all runners and the left trigger set to lead off/steal an individual runner. I can get them to lead off 1, 2, or 3 steps. But, I can't seem to get them to run to the base they are attempting to steal. Is there some secret I am not aware of? Does this have to be done completely manually? I understand it is probably hard to pull off a successful steal, but right now I am just trying to *attempt* one.

You have to hold the trigger down after you've made how many steps you want and in order to steal you release the trigger as soon as you see the pitcher's motion. Hope that helps you.

Archived