Sliders Help

DonSPa

ok im starting to really get annoyed with the hitting.I figured id play a agame under rookie settings and wouldnt u know im still having trouble hitting.What sliderw ill help me with less pop ups??i went 17 innings and lost 2-1 and i only had 4 hits.One of those were a Hr in the 9th which caused me to go in extras in the first place.If i could hit like id pitch id have better games lol.Ive finally getting less late and early swings but those shallow pop ups are killing me now.

If i cant even hit on rookie im never gonna figure the sliders for pro.

believe it or not im liking the 2k9 hitting better lol

ok im starting to really get annoyed with the hitting.I figured id play a agame under rookie settings and wouldnt u know im still having trouble hitting.What sliderw ill help me with less pop ups??i went 17 innings and lost 2-1 and i only had 4 hits.One of those were a Hr in the 9th which caused me to go in extras in the first place.If i could hit like id pitch id have better games lol.Ive finally getting less late and early swings but those shallow pop ups are killing me now.

Hey DonSpa, first thanks for your great mods. Your work make this game an better experience. I hope this help 'u:

My sliders set with very useful explanation.

:hi: ElPatoRojas360 from Mexico City

Go Rockies!!!!

thnx im glad u like the mods,do u know which sliders will stop so many pop ups because that is what is hurting me now.The last 6 games ive been losing games 2-1 except for one which i lost 6-0 on a perfect game thrown against me.Im striking out less but most outs are shallow very high hit pop ups and its getting very very frustrating.My pitching has been excellent and when i manage to get on base im very succesful at stealing as well

OK. Try put the Pitch Speed to 40, Pitcher Composure Influence to 75 and CPU Batting Contact to 40. This really helps for hits variety, fouls and lifelike pitcher counts. When you're batting be patience. Is too important be patience. Work you pitcher counts and be careful with your timing. I really hope this will help's.

:clapping:

I think this game is very good step forward to be a great game. The physics at bat is awesome. Maybe that's the reason why you put very popouts. If 'u batting a fastball up in the zone, you'll be a popout if you're timing was very early and fly out if you are late in you're swing. I think this year Visual Concepts work really hard in this aspect of the game. Defensive bat is the best example. Is very disappointed for gamers when a Sports Game like Baseball don't work, at least, acceptable in all aspects of the game. We can't have a complete packages. No at baseball, no at basketball, not at football. Is really annoying, but happens. Technical issues, bad development, bugs and glitches in basics aspects. But this game is very good at all. If 'u tweaking the important aspects and tendencies with the sliders and working in the personal skills is a great pastime. Maybe at 2013 or 2014 the development companies scores an really greats sports games. I hope so. :blink:

thnx i will try those i know one of my problems is im never patient lol ,even when i played i was never patient because i wouldnt take walks, i always wanted to put the ball in play

This is a great problem, dude. Because the game development this year put the emphasis in Pitcher-Batter Battle and really work hard in pitch counts and variety in pitches. CPU make very good work in mixes pitches and throw off the plate. Remember one a big sentences in Baseball: "Try to make good batter swing at ball out at strike zone".

Patience, DonSpa, patience turn the game solid and enjoyable.

:friends:

Sorry for my bad english.

hey thanx for ur help and putting the descriptions on what the sliders effect.Ive combined some of ur slider settings as well as blazzen's and adjusted player attributes and finally have been enjoying the game.one game i actually had 3 homeruns.Ive been averaging between 7-12 hits,have won 3 of my last 4 games including a shutout so thank u sooo very much

hey thanx for ur help and putting the descriptions on what the sliders effect.Ive combined some of ur slider settings as well as blazzen's and adjusted player attributes and finally have been enjoying the game.one game i actually had 3 homeruns.Ive been averaging between 7-12 hits,have won 3 of my last 4 games including a shutout so thank u sooo very much

I'm very happy if I help'u to enjoy the game. I updated my sliders in Batter Camera View. Please try this and tell me what do you think and your experience. In other things, one question: I don't find "The 2K9 no ball icon Mod". This Mod really help me about pitcher counts, throw balls and walks. This mode really makes pitching to next level of competition. You can tell me how can I do it and with which mod tool? Thanks in advance.

:friends:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys what should I put CPU Contact&Power to? I wanna be able to make some diving catches, but it is always hit to short so what sliders should I use, I don't wanna get hammered every at bat though cause I'm new to this game.

• 1 month later...

I play on pro difficulty then make the following changes:

User Batting Contact 60

User Batting Power 60

CPU Batting Contact 70

CPU Batting Power 70

CPU Pitching Success 45

CPU Pitching Strike Zone Tendency 40

I actually find this quite challenging and actually lose 30-33% of the time in franchise.

Archived