Tips To Improve Base Stealing

tks

Hopefully the upcoming patch will correct the problem with trying to steal a base.

Meanwhile,if you are still having trouble stealing a base, here are suggestions to improve the Users chances to steal successfully....Adjust the following sliders lised below:

Go to "Rosters"

Your team

...Find your primary base stealers

...Highlite "Edit Player"

..."Baserunning" (5th screen)

...Increase "Speed" slider to the 90s

...Maximize "Acceleration" slider (important to get the best jump)

Opposing team

...Find all catchers

...Highlite "Edit Player"

..."Fielding" (6th screen)

...Decrease "Throwing accuracy" to low 40s/high 30s

...Decrease "Arm strength" to low 40s/high 30s

...Decrease "Anticipation" to low 40s/high 30s

"Acceleration" (for running") and "Anticipation" (for catching) are fairly large factors in stealing successfully....You may find changing all these adjustments make it too easy to steal but your better stealers should make it safely at least 75% to 85% of the time (depending on other team's pitcher/catcher combination.

This will require some playing around to get it the way you want but the end result should not be nearly as frustrating trying to steal with your better base runners.

Thanks ... I'll play around with these settings. I don't have a problem changing the attributes for "my" players, but it seems sort of a nuisance to change the attributes of every other catcher in the league. However, I agree that *something* needs to be done. Carl Crawford had 60 SB last year and he gets thrown out on every single steal attempt! He's only 2/3 of the way to 2nd base and the ball is always sitting there at the 2nd base bag waiting to tag him out. Other than the difficulty stealing, I'm really starting to like how this game plays ...

Thanks ... I'll play around with these settings. I don't have a problem changing the attributes for "my" players, but it seems sort of a nuisance to change the attributes of every other catcher in the league. However, I agree that *something* needs to be done. Carl Crawford had 60 SB last year and he gets thrown out on every single steal attempt! He's only 2/3 of the way to 2nd base and the ball is always sitting there at the 2nd base bag waiting to tag him out. Other than the difficulty stealing, I'm really starting to like how this game plays ...

Another thing you might try is before the window with the baserunner pops-up, you can start bumping your runner ahead 4 steps and hold the trigger down. As soon as that pitcher starts any motion, release it. This has been working for me probably 75% of the time.

I guess that's a good question ... how many steps off the bag do you get on your lead and how many can you afford to lead off and still get back to the bag without being picked off? I typically only get out a maximum of 3 steps, hold down the left trigger button, and release as soon as the pitcher makes a move towards home plate. Do I need to be pushing the lead a bit further (4 or 5 steps) ... I don't want to get picked off either ...

Hi guys. I can't any problem with steal. I think this not a bug is a challenge. Check My sliders set with very useful explanation.. Work for me too good. This year Visual Concepts was focused in Pitchers VS Batters Battle and makes great work in pitchers an batters. Yes i know the list of glitches, but with tweaking the sliders the results is very good and enjoyable. Try put the speed pitch and be patience. In real baseball the counts so very important when you try steal a base. Remember if the batter have 0-2 or 1-2 try it, be patience and go...

:clapping:

Archived