Getting Rid Of Ball Pointer And Arrows For Pitching?

purplerat

I was wondering if anybody had figured this out yet. My understanding was that the ball could be removed but the arrows had yet to have been figured out.

I'd really like to be able to play this game without either since they making pitching too easy (well throwing strikes too easy) and other than that I'm pretty happy with the rest of the game. Other than the fielding (lack of errors and near automatic fielding make it too mundane) everything else with the gameplay is pretty good. From the batting standpoint the pitcher/batter battle is great. Hopefully getting rid of the pinpoint accuracy will do the same from the other side.

I couldn't agree with you more purplerat. Everything about the game is very good apart from the three issues you mentioned.

More errors, less auto feilding and removal of the pitching ball & arrows would make this game superb in my opinion.

If the ball & arrows cannot be removed perhaps a less exact area for the pitch finishing would make pitching better.

Also injuries do not occur, this should happen in the game.

I couldn't agree with you more purplerat. Everything about the game is very good apart from the three issues you mentioned.

More errors, less auto feilding and removal of the pitching ball & arrows would make this game superb in my opinion.

If the ball & arrows cannot be removed perhaps a less exact area for the pitch finishing would make pitching better.

Also injuries do not occur, this should happen in the game.

Yup, injuries as well to my list. I didn't mention them only because I'm not too concerned with in-game injuries happening and I sim enough in my franchise that injuries do happen realistically enough such that I get the feel of having to manage/GM around them.

Yup, injuries as well to my list. I didn't mention them only because I'm not too concerned with in-game injuries happening and I sim enough in my franchise that injuries do happen realistically enough such that I get the feel of having to manage/GM around them.

Yes mate, you would have to be more careful with sliding and diving with injuries included ingame. Also a batter could be injured by a hit by pitch, then there would have to be some occasions were the umpire would have to through pitchers out the game. I think accumulated fatigue should be apparant especially with pitchers (thereby preserving the bullpen would be a consideration).

There are a lot of us that would rather pitch without the ball or arrows.

However, so far the best modders on the plant (MVP and 2k10) have been unable to remove the flight arrows. Unfortunately with the arrows still showing, the ease of pitching remains the same. The modders know just removing the ball is meaningless if the arrows can't also be removed.

As of now, the only way to make pitching more difficult is to set all user pitching aspects on "Legend"...IMO you still are able to get too many strikeouts and too few walks.

Here's hoping!

Well I went ahead and removed the ball cursor. The arrows still show up but it's not completely useless to have no ball but still the arrows. Since there are no arrows on straight fastballs it makes pinpointing them a bit harder. The location of breaking balls and even 2-seam/cut fastballs are also fairly sensitive to the gesture recognition so it's worthwhile to take out the ball cursor even if the arrows are still there for the time being. The biggest downside I see is that you can use the arrows on the breaking balls to get a feel for where the cursor is and even when aiming a fastball. Another plus to no ball cursor (in terms of difficulty) is not being able to readily see that a pitcher is rattled.

I removed the ball cursor the first day it was released but for the life of me can't find the arrows. I have resorted to not looking at the screen until I start my motion. Hopefully someone will come across those damn arrows.

Hmmm... this sounds pretty interesting. I guess this would definitely make pinpoint pitching much harder? Aiming the pitch just by feeling.... Ths could be make for a pretty challenging and realistic pitching. Good ideas fellaws!

Hmmm... this sounds pretty interesting. I guess this would definitely make pinpoint pitching much harder? Aiming the pitch just by feeling.... Ths could be make for a pretty challenging and realistic pitching. Good ideas fellaws!

It worked well in 2k9 when I removed the cursor but until those arrows are found it isn't enough in this years game.

It worked well in 2k9 when I removed the cursor but until those arrows are found it isn't enough in this years game.

Like many others, I keep hoping the code will finally be broken allowing those arrows to be removed. Would make pitching a little more difficult as it did in 2k9.

Archived