Default Music Problem, Also How To Baserun And Pitching Questions!

gameaddict4life

Hi again everybody! I finally got my used copy and I ran the benchmark test with everything maxed excluding that M thing becuase I don't know what it is or what it does and I'm getting a steady 70 FPS! Anyway, I noticed while setting things up that some of the music tracks in the game have distorted parts in them? For instance there is one part in Lust for Life where the words are distorted and this happens again in a spot on the Bad Luck track. Is this just a part of the song, a game bug, or is it my disk? The disk is in pretty good shape no huge scratches or anything. It always happens in the same spot on those tracks. The audio for the rest of the game seems fine. So far I've just messed with the settings and gone through the drills. On the drills part I can't figure out how to baserun or steal. Can somebody give me the 360 controls for stealing and baserunning? Finally, on the pitching drills I'd like to know if its better to hold the stick in position at the end of the motion or to just flick it. I'm having a hard time with the pitching. I know this is kind of a wandering post but I didn't want to make a bunch of different topics for all my questions right now. Thanks for answering!

I get some distortion from the music some of the time, but not all of the time. I do not know a fix for this.

I use the keyboard for pitching and with the keyboard for the last movement of the pitch all I do is tap that particular key. So I would assume that all you would have to do is "flick" the stick for that last movement of pitch using a controller.

With the XBox 360 controller:

To steal base hold left trigger (or left bumper for all runners)and release when pitcher is in motion. To select a baserunner press A. Push right stick right to send runner to 1st base, up for 2nd, left for 3rd and down for home (In 'my player' and 'drill' mode its left for 1st base, down for 2nd, right for 3rd and up for home, as if you are facing the home plate). Press X to slide, left stick up does a headfirst slide, left or right slides left or right to the bag and down does a feet-first slide.

Thnaks for the controls and confirmation about the music. For me too it doesn't happen all the time it just seems to happen on those tracks in certain spots. It's like the words get garbled up for a second and then its fine again. There are other songs that play fine though. This also happens in the menus and in the 2K Beats screen, haven't noticed it in game yet but I've only done drills and watched the computer play itself so far. On a related note is there a way for me to put my own music in the game to play in the menus, ect.? I would just open up my media player in the background but I think that would affect game performance. Thanks for the info again!

Well I've played a few games now and I think I have the controls down except for diving and jumping for the ball. I think to dive its the R trigger but I can't figure out how to jump for a ball. Also Ken Macha doesn't look like Ken Macha, lol! Oh, and I looked at my stats in the VIP profile thing and it says that I've only played 1 extra innings game when I know I've played 2. Must be a bug. Overall though this game is pretty good. Hope the patch fixes some things though like the music glitches, no check swing, Pepsi player of the game not making sense sometimes, etc.

Well I've played a few games now and I think I have the controls down except for diving and jumping for the ball. I think to dive its the R trigger but I can't figure out how to jump for a ball. Also Ken Macha doesn't look like Ken Macha, lol! Oh, and I looked at my stats in the VIP profile thing and it says that I've only played 1 extra innings game when I know I've played 2. Must be a bug. Overall though this game is pretty good. Hope the patch fixes some things though like the music glitches, no check swing, Pepsi player of the game not making sense sometimes, etc.

Could the audio distortion be for editing out bad language?

I'm having trouble with the steals as well. The problem I'm having is in the baserunning drills, haven't tried in a normal game. I'm pretty sure I've pressed every button on my 360 controller, but I just can't figure it out.

Hm, I hadn't thought of the censoring thing, still it wrecks the music. I've just turned off the songs that have that in them, its about 4 of them I think. Does anybody know how to jump? I know it says to press the R3 button to climb the wall, what buttion is this on the 360 controller and is this the jump button too? Thanks!

Archived