jhtapp76

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Milwaukee Brewers Portrait Pack #1

File Submitter: jhtapp76

File Submitted: 11 Apr 2010

File Updated: 11 Apr 2010

File Category: MLB 2K10 - Portraits

**These portraits were created by Steven1707. Thanks for your help!***

This package includes new and updated portraits for ten Milwaukee Brewers including:

- Jim Edmonds (unassigned)

- Greg Zaun (1143)

- Doug Davis (1291)

- Jody Gerut (167)

- Claudio Vargas (26)

- George Kottaras (27)

- Latroy Hawkins (294)

- Joe Inglett (630)

- Carlos Gomez (707)

- Randy Wolf (791)

The numbers in parenthesis above respresent the player's Portrait ID #. You will need to download the NBA 2K10 Mod tool in order to import these images into your portraits.IFF file. You can download the tool from here

To Install:

1: Create a backup of your existing portrait.iff and portrait.cdf files from your MLB2K10 installation directory

2: Extract the contents of this ZIP file to the location of your choosing.

3: Copy your portrait.iff AND portrait.cdf files from your MLB2K10 installation directory to the same directory to extrated these files to

4: Launch the NBA 2K10 Mod Tool, click open, and browse to the copy of the portrait.iff file you just copied

5: When prompted to decompress, select "Yes"

6: Using the scroll bar in the top left pane, scroll to the portrait ID number corresponding to the player you wish to update

7: Click on "Import Res" and select updated DDS file you extracted earlier

8: Now to see the updated portrait in-game, copy the portrait.iff and portrait.cdf files from the location you copied it to before BACK to your MLB2K10 installation directory.

9: Start the game and enjoy

Note: You will not be able to complete step 8 above if the game is running. You will have to exit the game first.

Note #2: One of the portraits included in this pack is for a player that does not have an assigned Portrait number. So you can import it to an unassigned spot and modify the player's Portrait ID using tyWiggins' roster editor. Please refer to this post which lists all assigned and unassigned Portrait ID numbers.

Special thanks to the following for your mods, tools, discoveries, and inspiration:

- tywiggins

- trues

- tony3

- krawhitham

Enjoy!

- jhtapp76

Click here to download this file

Thank you for all your hard work! Im driving my self crazy trying to make dodger portraits. I use to make them all the time for MVP with the seperate alpha image. I can get my new portraits into the game ive made fine, but the still show the background box behind them! Are you doing some kind of alpha image or what...i don't know what im doing wrong.

If it helps your sanity, I'll do the Dodgers right now. My method is to start with a high-res headshot and using Paint.net, remove the background (using the magic wand at 20% tolerance). Sometimes some touch up is required around the shoulders or hair (if they have long hair sticking out). Afterwards, I select the head and shoulders with an exact sqaure, create a new file with it, look for any residue, resize it to 256x256, and save it as a DXT5 DDS file with "Generate Mip Maps" checked. Import the res and viola!

It's actually not hard once you do it a few times. Just time consuming. Steve1707 is helping me finish up the first pass with the rest of the NL teams. Give it a shot. Paint.Net is no Photoshop, but it's free and functional. Any questions, just ask.

If it helps your sanity, I'll do the Dodgers right now. My method is to start with a high-res headshot and using Paint.net, remove the background (using the magic wand at 20% tolerance). Sometimes some touch up is required around the shoulders or hair (if they have long hair sticking out). Afterwards, I select the head and shoulders with an exact sqaure, create a new file with it, look for any residue, resize it to 256x256, and save it as a DXT5 DDS file with "Generate Mip Maps" checked. Import the res and viola!

It's actually not hard once you do it a few times. Just time consuming. Steve1707 is helping me finish up the first pass with the rest of the NL teams. Give it a shot. Paint.Net is no Photoshop, but it's free and functional. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks! Well I'm using photoshop and remove the background with the magic wand. As for "save it as a DXT5 DDS file with "Generate Mip Maps" checked" ?? Dont see that file option, i was using .tga file and trying kraws portrait builder software that makes it a dds file.

Thanks! Well I'm using photoshop and remove the background with the magic wand. As for "save it as a DXT5 DDS file with "Generate Mip Maps" checked" ?? Dont see that file option, i was using .tga file and trying kraws portrait builder software that makes it a dds file.

I'm seeing I need to d/l a plug-in for my photoshop.

I'm seeing I need to d/l a plug-in for my photoshop.

That's right. You'll need the DDS plugin for Photoshop. BTW...I just posted some of your boys. The problem with the Dodgers is that several of them (i.e. Garret Anderson) do not have updated headshots yet on mlbpressbox.com. I got as many as I could grab that I knew had some old pics. Hope this helps.

Archived