How Does One Use Custom Rosters For Franchises?

Dodger_Fan

Hello all,

OK, I apologize if I have missed a previous post on this topic, but I have searched on this site and on the 2K site and can't seem to find a answer to my problem.

I have downloaded the updated rosters. However, I can't get them to work for the franchise. I go in and load the roster I want to play, but when I try to set up a franchise (and I have used both Current and Default settings), it will not use the roster set I have loaded. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I know it will be something simple, but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks!

What Roster are you downloading?

Are you putting the roster file in the correct place on your computer? Are you running XP or Win 7?

I am using the official rosters from 2K, downloaded from here. I am placing them in the Saves folder under User/AppData/Roaming/2KSports. I am using Win 7. I think I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. :-)

Try Downloading this roster: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5585

Then try and start a Franchise.

That's the one I have downloaded, and I have placed it in the location stated in the directions. I'm not sure what is going on...

That's the one I have downloaded, and I have placed it in the location stated in the directions. I'm not sure what is going on...

Just downloaded that roster. It has Heyward on the Braves.

Put the Roster in the following directory: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K10\Saves

Start up MLB 2K10. Went to Load/Save Options, found the Roster and loaded that roster right off the bat. Then started a new Franchise and picked the Braves and Heyward is in the lineup.

Are these the steps you're doing?

Just downloaded that roster. It has Heyward on the Braves.

Put the Roster in the following directory: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K10\Saves

Start up MLB 2K10. Went to Load/Save Options, found the Roster and loaded that roster right off the bat. Then started a new Franchise and picked the Braves and Heyward is in the lineup.

Are these the steps you're doing?

Those are the steps I have taken. I am checking to see if Scott Sizemore is on the Tigers or on AAA. With the downloaded roster, he is on the Tigers, but as soon as I set up a franchise (and I'm using the Dodgers as my team), Sizemore is in AAA. Very weird. I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong. I'm an MVP veteran, and have modded the heck out of MVP, but wanted to try 2K (with the $2.99 Opening Day special, it was hard to pass up). But MLB 2k10 has been pretty frustrating so far!

If you are having no trouble with the rosters, it has to be something on my end. I have been trying to figure out how to make a roster the default roster, but have had no luck with that so far. Maybe I just need to do a reinstall.

Thanks for the help!

OK, now it gets even screwier. I just tried it one more time. I get to the point where I am selecting the team, and go to the Tigers to see if Sizemore is on the big league roster, and he is. So I select the team I want for my franchise and save the file. After the file is saved and it comes up asking if I want to manually fill the 40 man roster, I go to the Tigers, and Sizemore is in AAA. However, as I look at this closer, it does look like it is the same roster. Heyward is an 84 in this roster, and Sizemore's rating is 72, albeit in the minors. I guess maybe the CPU is just making some roster decisions. I don't know. I'll give the franchise a go and see what happens.

Thanks again for all your help. It looks like it was user error (kind of what I figured), although mostly due to the program doing some screwy things with the roster.

Yeah, sounds like the correct roster is getting loaded, just the CPU is making roster moves. You should be good-to-go.

You do know, you can setup the franchise to where you control all 30 teams. Can also let the CPU handle some management task for the Minors and Majors.

Archived