Memory-Chewing Stadiums

mjvbosox

My apologies if this has been addressed here already, but I couldn't find anything...

I have a Pentium D 2.66GHz, 2G DDR2 Memory and ATI Radeon HD 3600 (512mb). In most stadiums I'm able to play with all video settings on high (8x Anti-aliasing, etc.), and performance is perfect. In a few, however -- like Oriole Park (esp. day games) -- with AA off and everything else down to medium or lower, play is very choppy and there is a huge lag between swinging the bat with Logitech Dual Action and the player actually swinging... I sometimes use software like Game Booster to close down all unnecessary bg processes, and still no better. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any info that could help.. until then I have to skip games in Baltimore.

Had 'ffdshow' installed... removed it and all is well!

This is slightly off-topic,I would love to have someone build me a stdium using the 60's candlestick park and 50-60's county stadium in Milwaukee to use in my games. The ballparks are similar in design to Westgate park ,a PCL park in San diego from 1958-1967. There are pics on Digitalballparks.com. If you click on the "by state" icon at the top and go to san Diego-you will find it. I would be willing to pay someone.

Archived