Vote For Last Spot In Detroit Tigers Uni-Pack

Misopogon

Which Uni from Tiger History Should be the Fourth in the Tigerpack?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which uniform would you like Misopogon to make?

• 1901 Originals
    • 1927/28 Tigerface Homes
    • 1950s version of Tiger whites
    • 1994 aways with Stripes
    • 1995-97 roadies with the hat logo where the tiger got trapped in the D

Last night I completed the 1968 roadies for the Tigers. They're actually throwbacks, not accurate, since they include the '69 patch honoring the '68 World Champs, and everyone will have "6" rather than their own numbers on the sleeve, in honor of Al Kaline.

willie_horton.jpg

This time, I think I really nailed the texture of the cross-stitched wool/synthetic blend flannel common during the post-war period. I might go back and replace the heavy wool flannel texture on the '45 unis with this (which would be more accurate -- the heavy wool ended in '42).

Anyway, I'm going to release the '68s as part of a greater uniform pack for the less modding-inclined as a total replacement for Tiger alts.

Home: normal

Away: normal

Batting Practice 1: ???

Batting Practice 2: 1945 roadies

Classic 1: 1968 Roadies

Classic 2: 1984 Roadies

As you noticed, there's one more spot I can fill. I figured I'd give the board the option of choosing. Would you prefer:

1. 1901 Originals:

al_1901_detroit.gif

Vote for me because: This new American League promises a cleaner, more family-friendly environment for base ball.

Don't vote for me because: Dude, I just got rid of my last collared uniform - why would I want another?

2. 1927 Tiger-logo homes w/ 1928 Tiger face on back:

al_1927_detroit_01.gif

Vote for me because: Big honkin' Tiger on the back.

Don't vote for me because: Tigers at home belong in whites with Olde-English D's on their chests. Anything else is blasphemy.

3. 1950s Tiger Whites (larger Olde English D on chest, flannel texture, stripes on socks, orange cap logo)

al_1956_detroit_01.gif

Vote for me because: Al Kaline, George Kell, the corner of Michigan & Trumbell, hot dogs.

Don't vote for me because: It's just a tweak of what I'm already wearing.

4. 1994 thing with stripes and orange-billed hats

unFielderC4.jpg

Vote for me because: Tigers wear stripes. Also: Mickey Tettleton, plus Cecil Fielder, plus Rob Deer equals mooshy baseballs

Don't vote for me because: The only thing Tiger fans want to remember less than these uniforms are the mid-'90s.

5. 1995-97 Aways with that 1990s logo

al_1995_detroit.gif

Vote for me because: You saw ever doggone game that Bobby Higginson and Deivi Cruz and Damion Easley and Tony Clark and Juan Encarnacion of the Five Tools ever played together, and doggonnit, you will get some doggone credit for it, doggonnit.

Don't vote for me because: Seriously, don't vote for me.

The choice, friends, is yours.

Archived