Kotaku Sports Column — Media Request

Owen Good

Hi Guys:

I'm sorry to spam the forum with this. But it's the best way to reach folks who might want to talk for publication for a column I'm working on this weekabout MVP 05's devoted fans, five years later.

I'm Owen Good, I write Stick Jockey, (http://kotaku.com/tag/stick-jockey/) the sports column of Kotaku, the video game blog of Gawker Media. My work also crossposts to Deadspin. This past week I picked up a copy of MVP Baseball 2005 on the PS2 for another assignment and noticed the MVP Baseball modding community still going strong, five years later.

It's an interesting culture to me and I'd really like to talk to you guys about the game, why it's still worth playing, why people support it with roster and other modifications, etc. It's more of a lighthearted look at a much-loved video game and its cult of devoted fans.

This is an all-platforms interest, not just PS2 or consoles.

I promise this is not spam; this is a genuine interest from a writer. You can send an email to owen@kotaku.com and I will respond. I can send question lists over email; I'm also happy to do phone interviews. Ideally I need to talk to 3 or 4 folks with longtime experience in the game since EA discontinued it.

I just need some real voices from people who really love this game to talk about it in a column that will talk largely about why it has such lasting enjoyability, and if any current game can hope for that.

Best,

Owen Good

--

Owen Good

Reporter, Weekends

Sports columnist

Kotaku

kotaku.com/tag/stick-jockey/

twitter.com/owengood

Archived