Editing a players appearance

GoChiefs

OK, so I want to edit Kenny Rogers so he's not a fatass, and give him a goatee like he has in real life.

However, you can't do this with the roster editor. So I download MVP Edit and edit attrib.dat, replace the old one, so it should show up in the game, right?

WRONG! So I don't know what I'm doing wrong....can anyone help?

here's a reply...

1. is this a dynasty? if you started a dynasty, changes to the rosters won't show up in it.

2. in mvpedit...click the player, go to appearance tab.

select his bone profile to change his physical appearance

select "goatee" under facial hair

3. MAKE SURE TO EXPORT the data files = file/export dat files

to your mvp data directory

4. load up game, go to rosters/edit player... go look at your new player.

I'm pretty sure you can still edit players in Dynasty as long as you do it Dynasty Mode. Open your dynaster, go to Player Management or whatever it's called, go to rosters, hit Edit Player. Then save the Dynasty.

I'm pretty sure you can still edit players in Dynasty as long as you do it Dynasty Mode. Open your dynaster, go to Player Management or whatever it's called, go to rosters, hit Edit Player. Then save the Dynasty.

If you double-check, when u use moded rosters, even sometimes the default ones, in dynasty, the standard players physical attributes are blacked out (uneditable).

And you can't add a picture to a created player either through that screen.

Overall dynasty mode is very limited for player editing. Mvpedit is strongly recommended

here's a reply...

1. is this a dynasty? if you started a dynasty, changes to the rosters won't show up in it.

2. in mvpedit...click the player, go to appearance tab.

select his bone profile to change his physical appearance

select "goatee" under facial hair

3. MAKE SURE TO EXPORT the data files = file/export dat files

to your mvp data directory

4. load up game, go to rosters/edit player... go look at your new player.

That's exactly what I did, and I just did it again...nada.

1. Opened MVPedit

2. Opened attrib.dat

3. Went to Kenny Rogers, changed body type to average, hair to full goatee.

4. Imported DAT and overwrote old attrib.dat.

5. Loaded game, went into rosters, went to the edt Kenny Rogers screen...still fat and hairless. :mrgreen:

sounds almost right...

first off, when you open mvpedit First first thing you do is IMPORT

the data from your mvp2004/data directory.

and it will ask you to save an mbe, choose a save location and save as test.mbe for example.

now go to your player, edit him as said above..

then at the end choose file/export dat files

EXPORT ALL THE DAT files through mvpedit, not just attrib.

export them directly to your mvp2004 data directory, don't just copy them, export them.

then do as you said, go to roster management etc..etc..

you should see your mods. It worked for me countless times when doing the portrait pack.

the key is when you export, you have to export through mvpedit all the dat files, not just a few, and make sure you export to mvp2004 directory (it will say overwrite?, say yes)

done

likely you can't change the facial apperance of rogers because he has a face in the game ... you should however be able to change his body apperance, try chaging him to slim and small in the editor ... follow all the steps like Kama has stated and it should be fine

sounds almost right...

first off, when you open mvpedit First first thing you do is IMPORT

the data from your mvp2004/data directory.

and it will ask you to save an mbe, choose a save location and save as test.mbe for example.

now go to your player, edit him as said above..

then at the end choose file/export dat files

EXPORT ALL THE DAT files through mvpedit, not just attrib.

export them directly to your mvp2004 data directory, don't just copy them, export them.

then do as you said, go to roster management etc..etc..

you should see your mods. It worked for me countless times when doing the portrait pack.

the key is when you export, you have to export through mvpedit all the dat files, not just a few, and make sure you export to mvp2004 directory (it will say overwrite?, say yes)

done

I don't see an option to export multiple DAT files...are you saying I have to go through this process 27 times to replace each DAT????

Archived