Cant select pitch??

zooyork970

Just booted the game up and did the reg fix for an AxisPad... Anyways, when pitching, the "trigger or R and L" will not select the pitch they're assigned to. I'm assuming the fix works because they'll bind just fine in the options menu, but when I go to select the picth thats bound to them ingame, no workie... I created Ranger pitcher R.A. Dickey and his "Thing" knuckle-curve is assigned to what would be R1 or button6 and i get nothing when in game, and can only throw pitched assigned to the thumb buttons. The R2/L2 work just fine for my outfield/infield alignment menu tho... Thanks

So all of the other pitches work okay and are assigned correctly, just the one is messed up?

In the controller.cfg, the section that relates to your problem is:

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 8

VPAD_PITCH_5 is the one that you're concerned with. If it is assigned correctly then that means it is assigned to two things. Search through all of the button 8 (or whatever the # is for yours) and make sure none of the assignments are conflicting with the pitch assignment.

Thanks a lot, there was a conflict. I'm curious as to why the game won't prompt you when such a conflist is present??

Ok so now heres the problem, the pitch selector at the bottom right displays the pitch with numbers beside them. Those number DO NOT correspond with the numbers on the Vpad... They're way off, and I have no idea what pitch im throwing unless I look at what it says and remember it. But the buttons are not mapped like they are displayed on the screen.

Don't know if you're asking a question or not, but I don't know of anyway to remap buttons.

I posted a similar thread, in the old forum. Sharpshooter was going to get on it, but I never heard anything else about it.

My advice, just play enough games on it and you'll get it. If you want you can kepp configuring it until it does correspond to the right pitch. Regardless of if the numbers match up the location of the buttons should.

What I mean is, the bottom button displayed should be the bottom button on your controller when pressed (in my case a X on the PS2 controller). If the location of the buttons on the screen doesn't correspond to the buttons on the controller, then keep messing with the controller config until you get it right.

Archived