Confusion concerning pitchers...

TRJA

First off, as I wrote in another thread...I am a VERY casual RL baseball fan so please be nice.

I am REALLY confused about the pitchers in this game, is there a way to tell if a relief pitcher is a closer or not? So far in my dynasty (simmed first season so that the team would be more "mine

" going into season 2). However, all it shows is RP for relief pitcher(no notation for a closer). What I have been doing is just picking a reliever who has a VERY good fastball and a decent second pitch (no 3rd or 4th type pitch) to be a closer for my teams, but also if I try to trade for a closer all I can figure out to do is to look for the same type of thing on the player info screen as there is no way to tell who is the close out of all the RP's on the team roster that I am trading with.

Am I just not understadning something or is this the only/best way to pick and choose your closer (or trad for a closer0????

Kens correct while in the game it doent denote who your closer is, only during roster managment.

As far a RL baseball there are few physical differences between a closer and a relief pitcher, so just stick with whom ever you feel comfortatble

Thanks for the answer/info guys. :)

And now instead of starting up a new thread for every question I have, I will just ask my next quesiton here.

I gave my 3rd baseman on my major league team a "Everday MLB" contract with the exact amount he asked for. HOwever, now 82 games into the season he is VERY unhappy and saying he is not happy with his playing time. He has played every game so how can he be upset about his playing time?

Or is this just a "glitch" in the game, that he got picked to be unhappy by some weird random number thing?

Archived