Gauging Interest for a Fantasy 1990 Roster...

workingdogv1

Would you be interested in a Fantasy 90 Roster?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I've been lurking here for awhile, though I've only just decided to post. Anyway, thanks to MVPEdit and Lahman Database, I've begun working on a semi-complete Fantasy 1990 roster for personal use, and was wondering if anyone else would like me to upload it once it's complete so that they can use it.

What I mean by Fantasy roster is that I will have the complete 40-man rosters for 1990, plus major prospects for that year in the minors, as well as "filler" minor leaguers (if anyone's interested, I've completed major leaguers and prospects for 10 teams, so I could post a theoretical roster). I will attempt to make lineups and rotations accurate, but I'm not too concerned with that, as I'm more interested in seeing what would happen if, say, some bubble prospects had gotten more playing time, that sort of thing.

I'm toying with the idea of creating portraits for the teams, but that may be very time-consuming. I'm working on getting all of the relevant card sets for the year, so that's a possibility.

Of course, the catch with these rosters is that the four expansion teams weren't around back then, obviously, but I would like to play with them, and am not sure how to delete the teams, quite honestly. I'm working to ensure that no players selected in the expansion drafts show up twice. There's also the issue of teams like the Brewers in a different league, etc. That's why I'm prefacing it as a fantasy roster. In the case of players who were traded from one team to another in 1990, I'm trying to pick the team for that player based on which team needs that player more.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested, and I'll share if I ever get this thing off the ground.

Portraits would probably be too time consuming.

If it doesn't take much to upload, I don't know why not. There should be some interest. I'd be.

I'd probably be more interested in 1995 or 97 roster though. 97 was the 1st year for the D-Backs and Rays, right?

Actually, 98 was the first year for the D-backs and D-Rays; they only had minor league teams in 97. If this one comes out okay, I might shoot for 98; 90 just has a special place in my heart, as it's pretty much when I first got interested in the sport. I don't think it would be too big, as I'm going for a .sav file. Portraits...well, I'll see how time-consuming it is. I'm probably going to do them for myself, but don't know if I'll upload them. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived