Anyone else not sold on the lefty glitch?

gryfyn

After a dozen or so games of still not hitting homers with a guy with an 85 power rating i did a little test.

I have patch 2, roddat3,and updated player progression, everthing else is stock.

I created 2 players contact 80 power 90, identical in all stats and apperence except on batted left and one right.

I did a HR showdown with both players CPU, no wind, and in Dodger stadium ( equi-distant around the park )

In for mile long showdowns.

Righty 2,5,4,3 HRs Longest hits of 430,420,421,425

Lefty 1,0,0,0 HRs Longest hits of 375,369,377,377

I then edited the players to switch the side of the plate they hit from and

Righty 5,5,3,5 HRs Longest hits of 455,427,426,494

Lefty 0,0,0,0 HRs Longest hits of 353,386,366,369

visually the ball dosen't carry for the lefty.

Im not sold, its still there, anyone else done some fair trials?

ah, i guess its back to the CD for me

yeah because i have a mariners dynasty going and ichiro, among others are hitting some good opposite field bombs. and i use rod data 3 as well, with some good slider adjustments you can really make a pretty realistic game out of it.

Geoff Jenkins smacked one 552 feet (with power slider at +35, I just wanted to be sure it was fixed).

Garret Anderson blasted one off of me, too. First time I ever gave up a lefty homer in this game, so it's obviously fixed.

I have an Expos dynasty going on. I've hit left HR's with Brad Wilkerson, Nick Johnson, Brian Schneider, and Carl Everett. Didn't hit any pre-patch, so the bug is fixed imo.

Playing on all-star with +15 user batting power, among some other sliders which make it more realistic.

Archived