RRodkey Datafile 4 Too many Homeruns and steals

I set all of my settings as is instructed and played on MVP with the Yankees. I lost 17-6, 9-2 and 11-0 in the series finale with Doug Waechler throwing a 2 hitter against me and Javier Vasquez giving up 6 homers and Tino Martinez and Geoff Blum stealing 2 bases apiece??????? I dont care if you are blind that is in no way real. I control my team with fielding on assist and am a patient hitter and I nibble and throw some balls and change my pitches Fastball high and tight followed by changeup low and away but after Rey Sanchez belted his second homer of the nite I had enough. Maybe if you just sim all of your games this datafile and tune works so I am back to the drawing board to find something that works for me. Just ranting and frustrated after getting shellacked by the Devil Rays

i tried data4 and it worked good except i like the camera angle in version 3 better. so i reinstalled 3, worked with the sliders and now have an almost too realistic game. really hard to get hits (i'm using all-star btw). after 6 games into my new mariners dyn. nobody has more than 1 HR, compared to like 5 or 6 before data3 and my own slider adjustments. also in 6 games i have had only 3 HR's hit off me, all by angels so far.

Am I the only one having problems striking out the opposition...Play manually against CPU (I have data4) and I have set up some pretty strong numbers for my pitchers and have CPU contact set to -35.

Still only get about 3 Ks per game (even though I rarely hit the fat part of the plate).....and rarely get my power pitchers (velocity set at 95 to 99) to throw harder than 89 to 90 MPH.

Do I need to tweak something else or am I just a bad pitcher??? :cry:

I'm using data3 with the patch and my own sliders, but I'm getting hit too hard by the CPU and am struggling to come up with enough timely hits of my own. I'm also seeing too many steals (had to turn the steal rate down to about -40). Any suggestions? And how is data4 compared to data3?

Again, this is with the patch in mind. Thanks.

using roddata3 i have cpu contact set at -17 (this is still in all-star mind you) cpu power at +9 user contact at +6 and power at +7, steals at 0 and cpu runner aggr at +5 , pitch velocity at +8, user pitch fatigue at -10, cpu fatigue at -13. i'm using data3 as opposed to data4 (didn't like cam angle on 4). i'm trying to remember these settings by memory, but these are the most important ones i know of when playing human vs. cpu on all-star.

I switched back to RRodkey data3 and tweaked a little and results have been alot better. I am still 1-8 with the Yankees but games have been close. I am also using Poon's Roster set, he did a great job, I might not even mess with Ge Force's, Well maybe thats a lie but so far it comes down to being patient with runners in scoring position and not trying to knock the ball out of the park everytime.

Archived