Cyberface Help

leafnut24

Right, so after some work I'm finally starting to get a hang of making cyberface, I recently did a version of Mike Moustakas that I am quite proud of and might release here on the forums. I've also been eorking hard on a Jeff Keppinger but have run into one final roadblock. The face looks good except for the eyes. They are the default eyes that came with the generic cyberface. How do I edit the eye position on the face. Do I use blender or 3Ds max? Thanks your help will be appreciated and hopefully I can start posting some mods. :)

yea, definitely need to use blender. If you just edit the texture it will look off, like the eyes will show up on the nose lol. Blender uses reference points to determine which part of the texture matches up with the 3d model. It's complicated, especially the eyes. In blender the eyes are like 15 different parts that move separately. I haven't even been able to change them. But my knowledge with blender is limited.

Also, if your doing faces DON'T forget to edit the green normal texture. Basically, if it's a beard, I just copy over the one from the texture, to the green one, stylize -> emboss and then make the layer hard light or soft light. Play around with it and you'll see. It makes the beard "bump" off the face and give it a sort of 3d look. Also, don't forget to mess with the alpha layers too. Every texture in MLB has a black/white black/grey alpha layer that helps identify which parts should be lighted.

Nice, thanks so much for the help. But it seems as if nothing comes easy with computers these days. After I extract model three I believe, blender won't support the import of a 2km file. I've put the import and export 2km files that came with the mod tool into every folder imaginable in blender scripts and it still won't work. Any suggestions.

leaf, it took me forever and a half to figure out the issue with blender. First, you need version 2.49b. NOT the newest version. Once you get that you need the older python version 2.6.2 i think is what I have. They are separate downloads. First part of this tutorial should help you: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=72921

be sure to find .blender/scripts and put it in there. Then you should be good to go.

Archived