Anyone doing these oldtime unis?

capa

I'd love to see these in the game to go with my oldtime roster set:

54 Indians

57 Braves

59 White Sox

61 Yanks (pretty much the same as today)

62 Giants

65 Dodgers

65 Twins

67 Red Sox

68 Cards

68 Tigers

69 Mets

69 Cubs

69 Senators (I think this one is done already)

70 Orioles

71 Pirates

74 A's (already in the game I think)

74 Rangers

75 Reds

79 Angels

80 Phils (already in game)

84 Padres (already in game)

Hey capa,

I'm Don Cropper an Oldtime Baseball fan & friend of Tony Alex which whom I think you are working with on ya'll Oldtime Roster Set. I just wanted to introduce myself to you since Tony and I speak frequently.

I am currently working on and about 1/2 complete my Early '60s Oldtime Roster Set. These include the entire rosters with the excess players (> 25) being placed into each teams AAA affiliates. For the Non-Oldtime Francises (i.e. Colorado; Arizona; Florida; Seattle & Toronto) I am assembling secondary players and other players that didn't appear on any of the Teams I selected for that era to make up those teams with each having a handfull of AAA players as well. I am using the Tampa Bay club for the Washington Senators since they are in the appropriate Division. My Early '60s Set will consist of:

EARLY '60s (60-64)

64 Cardinals

64 Phillies

62 Giants

61 Braves

63 Dodgers

61 Red Legs

64 Cubs

60 Pirates

62 Mets

64 Colt 45s

70 Expos

70 Padres

70 Brewers

ARZ 60-64 Players

COL 60-64 Players

FLA 60-64 Players

61 Yankees

63 White Soxs

64 Orioles

61 Tigers

63 Twins

62 Angels

61 Indians

64 Athletics

62 Red Sox

61 Senators (Tampa Bay)

74 Rangers

72 Royals

SEA 60-64 Players

TOR 60-64 Players

Late '60s Set (65-69) will consist of:

67 Cardinals

66 Phillies

67 Giants

69 Braves

65 Dodgers

65 Red Legs

69 Cubs

68 Pirates

69 Mets

66 Astros

74 Expos

72 Padres

74 Brewers

ARZ 65-69 Players

COL 65-69 Players

FLA 65-69 Players

64 Yankees

65 White Soxs

69 Orioles

68 Tigers

67 Twins

65 Angels

65 Indians

66 Athletics

67 Red Sox

69 Senators (Tampa Bay)

77 Rangers

75 Royals

SEA 65-69 Players

TOR 65-69 Players

I have intentions of doing an Early '70s Set as well covering 70-75. May not ever get to a Late '70s complete set but may mix in a few other post 75 teams into a mixture of these other sets.

I am looking forward to ya'lls release which will probably be prior to mine because I am a good 2 weeks away from completion. I am not doing portraits, as I think ya'll are, but am doing individual faces for the entire set from available faces already in the game (minus those with Beards & Mustaches for the '60s sets). It takes me around 3 hours for each team is my estimate since I do look at each aspect of each player including Batting Stances and Pitcher Deliveries and try to match their style to the closest ones available in the game. I am thrilled with all the OldTime uniforms coming out it really adds to the experience.

I will also be placing the traditional pure black spikes of those days on each team. I also have placed all the Oldtime Stadiums into my set including the Ebbets Field someone made which is really well done. One other thing I do is for all the remaining current day players that fill the AAA rosters and for all the AA players I set their ratings extremely low which reduces their chances of making it to the Majors which I prefer they never do. However, some of the other '60s players that didn't make the Majors initial 25 man roster occassionally do make it to the Majors which is fine with me.

I have just moments ago suggested to cartersyard to attempt removing that Ear Piece from the Batting Helmets if it can be done. I think if that can be done it would be an added touch of realism to these OldTime Uniforms. Carter is amazing with his Uniform work.

Please keep in touch as I am certain I will really enjoy your Roster Set. Any suggestions for improvement in that regard would be very welcomed.

Take Care,

Don Cropper

New Orleans, LA

Archived