Franchise Mode Visuals Question

Qbrick808

My question is a pretty simple one with the help of a few visual aids so please refer to the screenshot images attached.

There are two informational elements of the game at the root of my issue:

1. The Batter’s Splits data which appears near the screen’s top right following a pitch (e.g. After 0-1 count .260, 5 HR, 57 SO).
  2. The Defensive Shift box which appears on the right side of the screen at the beginning of a new AB if the CPU has made a move with the fielders’ positioning.

Look at my images just to be crystal clear about what I’m referring to:

#1 – an example of the Batter’s Splits data when you are hitting

#2 – an example of the Batter’s Splits data when you are pitching

#3 – an example of the Defensive Shift box when you are hitting

#4 – an example of the Defensive Shift box when you are pitching

Okay, so now that’s all been spelled out. What I have noticed is that of those four instances where you can receive information, the only one I’m ever seeing while playing a major league game in Franchise Mode is #4.

I get all of this data displayed as shown if I’m playing a quick game, in Post-Season Mode, using My Player, or even if I choose to play a Minor League game in Franchise Mode, but I only see what I’ve labeled as #4 during major league games in Franchise Mode.

So I ask, is this the way it’s supposed to be or should I be able to see all of that stuff in Franchise Mode major league games?

Is there a setting somewhere in the options or menus which controls whether these elements get displayed? I’ve looked all over but not found anything.

Any informative feedback will be greatly appreciated as always.

post-96698-0-60799500-1327222337_thumb.j

post-96698-0-47031400-1327222343_thumb.j

post-96698-0-18407700-1327222346_thumb.j

post-96698-0-96574700-1327222348_thumb.j

Ah, very easy answer. You need to purchase inside edge reports in franchise! If you go to different teams and players you'll see their IE section of the player card is hidden or has nothing in it. You need to purchase those reports. Test it out and let me know if the overlays start showing up again.

Ah, very easy answer. You need to purchase inside edge reports in franchise! If you go to different teams and players you'll see their IE section of the player card is hidden or has nothing in it. You need to purchase those reports. Test it out and let me know if the overlays start showing up again.

No, that's not it. I purchased the IE reports for every team on the schedule at the start of the season and I am still getting the IE data which provides charts, graphs and the hot/cold zones for the opposing batters.

The thing I find more boggling than the lack of info regarding the situation as it develops (the splits) is the fact that I don't get to see the Defensive Shift box when I'm batting. Someone might say that the reason I see it while pitching is because those are my teammates moving around so of course I'd be aware of the change, but the fact is that anyone who's even played slow pitch softball is able to take a look at the defense while striding to the plate and assess how the defenders are aligned. Also, the fact that the batter does get to see the Defensive Shift info in all the other modes of MLB 2K just proves that the knowledge is not considered some kind of secret.

Archived