How does the game choose awards?!

kaplerisking

I'm just curious as to how in the world the game chooses who to give the awards to, or at least one of them. The rookie of the year, for example, was given to a guy on another team that hit .219 with 8 homeruns and 41 rbi's, while my rookie hit .284 with 36 home runs and 91 rbi's. The only thing my guy didn't outdo him in is steals, he had 14 while my rookie had 6.

I'm just curious as to how in the world the game chooses who to give the awards to, or at least one of them. The rookie of the year, for example, was given to a guy on another team that hit .219 with 8 homeruns and 41 rbi's, while my rookie hit .284 with 36 home runs and 91 rbi's. The only thing my guy didn't outdo him in is steals, he had 14 while my rookie had 6.

It's all random...

I don't really care who the computer chooses. I like to look at everybody's stats after the season is over, and decide the MVP and CY Young for myself. Then I write down MY choices in my notebook along with the season standings. The computer's dead wrong half the time.

Archived