Problem With Saved Game Directory?

shinderhizzle84

Hello. So today I upgraded from my old and boring Windows 7 32-bit home premium to Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. I reinstalled my copy of MLB 2k12 and went to download one of the rosters from the downloads section, but when I went to my "Roaming" Folder under my User/AppData directory, nothing was there, even though I already had a saved franchise, user profile, and my player on this new installation.

Is there a different saved game directory for 64-bit users? Because mine's not showing up in the usual place that it did for my 32-bit installation...

I don't have Ultimate, but I have Win7 Home Premium 64-bit on my lappy, and Vista-64 on my desktop. The "Saves" directory is in the same filepath for both of those.

Are you choosing the correct UserName after C:Users ? During installation, you may have been prompted to install the game for "Current User" or "All users of this computer." If you chose "current user," the Saves folder will be within the C:Users%UserName%AppData2K Sports... folder that was active at the time of installation.

Try a file & folder search for *.USR within the C:Users path. .USR is the file extension for Profiles used in 2K games. A search for the "2K Sports" or "Major League Baseball" folders should also find it.

I don't have Ultimate, but I have Win7 Home Premium 64-bit on my lappy, and Vista-64 on my desktop. The "Saves" directory is in the same filepath for both of those. Are you choosing the correct UserName after C:Users ? During installation, you may have been prompted to install the game for "Current User" or "All users of this computer." If you chose "current user," the Saves folder will be within the C:Users%UserName%AppData2K Sports... folder that was active at the time of installation. Try a file & folder search for *.USR within the C:Users path. .USR is the file extension for Profiles used in 2K games. A search for the "2K Sports" or "Major League Baseball" folders should also find it.

Thanks for the quick reply! I only have one user on this installation of Windows 7, as I did on my previous installation, so that kind of limits my options :p

I tried doing a search for "Franchise1", which is the name of my franchise, in the hopes that it would find my franchise file, but alas, it did not. I will try searching for .usr, but I have a feeling I won't be able to come up with anything good. I may try saving another franchise or my player with a fairly obvious name and search it and see if that nets me any better results. I hope it does...

• 2 weeks later...

You may think you only have one user, but Windows installs a few of its own... There are always "All Users" and "Default" or "Default User" directories installed, as well as the "Public" user.

Is there any chance you don't have the "Show hidden files and folders" option enabled?

I definitely have that option ticked off, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to navigate to the regular folder path anyways, since the folder AppData is considered a hidden folder.

Also, I looked at my users directory, there are three users: Myself, "Default", which is hidden (and I've already looked all throughout that folder, no 2k folders anywhere to be found), and Public, which also has no 2k folders.

For good measure I did some digging around my house and found my old NBA 2k11 disc, and installed it onto my computer...I created a saved franchise and looked at all possible directories and it did come up for NBA 2k11. Which is weird, to say the least.

I've tried countless Windows searches searching the "Computer" for both files and folders and nothing has come up...yet whenever I play the game I seem to have no problems loading up my saved my player and franchise games.

Edited by shinderhizzle84

I actually JUST found it :)

This is going to sound really stupid, but for some reason my computer decided to make ANOTHER "Roaming" folder within my first Roaming Folder, and in that second Roaming folder is just a second 2k sports folder, which has my MLB 2k12 saves and whatnot inside :)

It's Roamception! ;)

That is really wierd... The installer somehow created an erroneous filepath? Hmph...leave it to 2K to pull-off some dumb **** like that. LOL

Though the game is probably set to use that filepath, you're well aware it's not the path it's "supposed" to use... And of course, this is true not just for the Saves folder, but for the game's Cache folder as well.

You could actually edit or at least verify those paths within the system registry if you wanted. Of course, if you choose to manually correct them, you'd also have to do a bit of manual Cut & Paste to move the files to the match the proper filepath.

I found the filepath entries for MLB2K12 within the registry of my system in two places:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12

and........

HKEY_USERSS-1-5-1-21-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-1000Software2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12 (the X's represent various numbers)

Since my 2nd entry seems a bit odd and probably varies from system to system and OS to OS, you could find the entries yourself fairly easily. Click Start>Run and type "regedit" and hit "Enter." Regedit will then open, so hit Ctrl+F to open the search tool within it. In the search window, enter the full incorrect filepath in the search field and click the "Next" button. You'll be taken directly to the Saves and Cache filepath entries, and you'll see the incorrect path entries on the right.

Once there, right-click on either Saves or Cache and select Modify. A new window will open in which you can manually delete one of the extra "Roaming" portions of the entry, then click the OK button to save it. Now repeat that step for the other [saves or Cache] entry. When both entries have been corrected, hit F3 (Find Next) and the search tool will resume looking for additional entries of that incorrect filepath. If it finds more entries, edit those just as before. Once they're done, hit F3 again to resume the search. Hopefully you'll see a prompt pop-up that says "Finished search through the registry." If you do, you've found all the entries that exist and can close Regedit.

Edited by RazberyBandit