2 Problems W 2K12

furball

1) When I have a pitcher up, I can't pinch hit. I hit the START (10) button to go to the menu, then use the left controller to go to the SUBSTITUTION menu, but it has the grey shading (which means it won't work) and sure enough, I am not offered anything with that menu - it doesn't turn on at all. Surely, when a pitcher is at bat, I should be able to pinch hit for him. But, with MLB 2K12 and Windows 7, I can't. Any thoiughts?

2) I can't use Classic batting. Again, Windows 7. i have a Rumblepad2 controller. I go into controller options. I hit the "4" key to bring up the menu that offers me the option to use "CLASSIC" hitting. I choose that option and it, indeed, says "CLASSIC." And when I go to the hitting menu, it says that BUTTON 2 is the choice for swinging at a pitch. But when I go back into the game, BUTTON 2 does nothing. Pushing the right joystick UP is still the swing.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

D-pad down in-game brings up the substitution menu for me.

Your other problem sounds like you don't have all the buttons assigned to things. Go through your controller setup and make sure you assign everything a controller button, even if it's not actually being used for anything in the game.

Don't hit the "4" button when in the control menu because that will take you to classic/total control options specifically for the Keyboard, not the controller. You have to push in on the left-stick on the controller to bring that menu up for the controller.

Look at the top-left box when you press 4 and it will say "Keyboard" and not your controller name. If you push in the left-stick, it will say the controller name.

I also explained this issue here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=53425

Edited by RazberyBandit

Razbery, again, THANKS for the info! I was using the 4 and 5 on the keyboard because 2k12 NEVER accepts pushing down on the left or right joystick with my Logitech Rumblepad 2.

You were right. Within the menu where I was trying to set CLASSSIC for batting, 4 had taken me to the MOUSE setting. I found that pressing the 4 on the keyboard AGAIN took me to the GAME CONTROLLER setting. Oddly, although I was able to set CLASSIC batting at the "opening" menus of 2K12, this did not affect my franchise game. I had to go into controller options once I was IN a franchise game. Then when I got into controler options, hit 4 on the keyboard to get to the "classsic" choices, hit 4 on the keyoard AGAIN to get it to looking at the GAME CONTROLLER setting (instead of KEYBOARD) I was able to use button 2 to hit in CLASSIC mode wthin my franchise game.

I like the graphics and gameplay of 2K12, but it's just sorta screwy. I hope EA makes an MLB game next year!

Edited by furball

Yeah... Franchise and My Player games which have already started will have controls unique to them. I like that because I prefer classic batting when playing my Starting Pitcher, but Total Control while playing my 3B Slugger.

If your left-stick and right-stick push-in buttons aren't working, are you certain they're actually mapped somewhere within the Controls Setup? Usually Right-Stick is the default for Intentional Walk in the Pitching control setup. (At the VERY bottom of the menu.) The Left-Stick has no specific in-game mapped control within Controls Setup, but the game does use it to allow players to save replays, as well as bring up the Classic/Total sub-menu.

P.S. If EA decides to jump back in and renew the MVP series, it'll probably take 2 years (or more) to see a product. Dev cycles are usually 2-3 years. (Though EA has been known to kinda 'sweat-shop' some of its Dev teams...)

Edited by RazberyBandit

• 2 weeks later...

sort of related topic i have a logitech f310 gamepad with windows 7 its set to x mode and logitech profiler worked fine and i was able to calibrate joystick

all of a sudden it stopped working and wont launch unless its in d mode - anybody have this problem.

folow up to my joystick issue i plugged in a regular logitech dual action gamepad that i must have used at some point in the past and with that connected i'm able to acces the profiler and calibration screen for the f310 - computers have a mind of their own

I haven't experienced that problem with my F310, but my desktop is running Vista-64, not Win7. My F310 has been in X-input mode since purchased, and has functioned without issue. I never installed the Logitech profile software, though. Programmable software like that isn't necessary unless a game doesn't natively support controllers.