My Player Freezing

nyywsh

If you're talking about the game freezing-up at the end of a game, it could be due to using the keyboard/mouse to progress past the "Press START to continue" screen, then using a gamepad to actually play the game. Doing so results in a Player1/Profile1 Player2/Profile2 conflict that manifests itself at the conclusion of a game, which is when the game saves/updates the player profile. (No one but 2K knows why 2K12 needs to save the profile so...excessively.)

Essentially, when you launch MLB2K12 for the first time, you're directed to create a player profile. By default, that profile is always linked to the Player1 controller. When the keyboard is used to get past the "Press START" screen, the keyboard/mouse become the Player1 controller, and any gamepad becomes the Player2 controller. (Player2 or higher -- I've seen it say 5 on my PC when I plugged it in after launching the game.) Now this is just my best guess at the actual problem, but when you play as any "Player" other than Player1, MLB2K12 will hang at the close of a game as if it's trying/failing to write to a non-existent or unloaded profile.

To solve the problem, PC players with gamepads must use the gamepad to get beyond the "START" screen. For a little more detail on that, see here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=5298

Other than that situation, you'll need to provide further details regarding how & when you're experiencing the freeze so others can help you.

P.S. This info may be of use for players with children who play MLB2K12. The game loads one profile when it launches, and as best as I can tell, only one profile can be active at a time. So, if you create any additional profiles for multiple players on a shared PC, each player needs to manually load their individual profile to make it the active one when they're playing.

If you're talking about the game freezing-up at the end of a game, it could be due to using the keyboard/mouse to progress past the "Press START to continue" screen, then using a gamepad to actually play the game. Doing so results in a Player1/Profile1 Player2/Profile2 conflict that manifests itself at the conclusion of a game, which is when the game saves/updates the player profile. (No one but 2K knows why 2K12 needs to save the profile so...excessively.)

Essentially, when you launch MLB2K12 for the first time, you're directed to create a player profile. By default, that profile is always linked to the Player1 controller. When the keyboard is used to get past the "Press START" screen, the keyboard/mouse become the Player1 controller, and any gamepad becomes the Player2 controller. (Player2 or higher -- I've seen it say 5 on my PC when I plugged it in after launching the game.) Now this is just my best guess at the actual problem, but when you play as any "Player" other than Player1, MLB2K12 will hang at the close of a game as if it's trying/failing to write to a non-existent or unloaded profile.

To solve the problem, PC players with gamepads must use the gamepad to get beyond the "START" screen. For a little more detail on that, see here: http://www.mvpmods.c...?showtopic=5298

Other than that situation, you'll need to provide further details regarding how & when you're experiencing the freeze so others can help you.

P.S. This info may be of use for players with children who play MLB2K12. The game loads one profile when it launches, and as best as I can tell, only one profile can be active at a time. So, if you create any additional profiles for multiple players on a shared PC, each player needs to manually load their individual profile to make it the active one when they're playing.

THX fam! I did some work on profile thing and used gamepad on START screen. Now it works like a charm. thx, really appreciated it.