Installing Patch

Jymbo05

When I attempt to install the patch, the error message I get is the following:

Missing or invalid registry/INI entry

OK or Cancel

When I hit OK, the result is "Old file does not exist". when I hit cancel, the installation is aborted.

Can anyone help? I have a legitimatly purchased version of the game. :banghead:

did you use the install that can with the game (IE put disc one in and it asks if you would like to install) or did you just copy the files from the cd over to your HD.

if you did the second the game will play but patch will crap out.

the is they only answer if you have a legitimatly purchased version of the game.

now if your using a ripped copy...

I used the normal game install when I originally installed the game. I didn't just copy the files on to my hard drive.

I HAVE A LEGITIMATE VERSION OF THE GAME. Would anyone care to see my receipt?

Move the box that says "old file not found" and see what file it is getting hung up on.

Mine was stuck on rookies.big, and I had to copy the original off the CD (#1) to get the patch to install.

Give the guy a break, AFAIK there is no Patch #2 Crack yet, so you couldn't install patch #2 and play if you had a pirated copy.

I don'tg get that far. The response I get is the first thing that I get. When I move the error message, nothing has started to install. I tried moving my mvp2004.exe file from the disk to the hard drive, but that does nothing. I might put my #1 disk in and try to install using the "game update" feature. Any additional ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Archived