Cpu Playing Wrong Team In Franchise Mode

furball

I'm playing a Franchise mode season with the S.F. Giants. When I choose to manually play a game with the S.F. Giants or their AA team, I'm shown as P1 (player one) and I'm controlling the Giants or their AA team correctly.

But, if I choose to manually play a game with the AAA team, the Fresno Grizzlies, I'm shown as P1, but I'm controlling the other team and the CPU is controlling the Grizzlies. Once within the game, hitting 10 and going to the pause menu and the choosing "switch sides" lets me point P1 (me) to the Grizzlies, but when I get back into the game, I'm still controlling the OTHER team.

And now a weird thing: If instead of choosing "Play the game," I choose "SuperSim the game" and then hit 10 to enter the game before simming the first hitter, I'm controlling the Grizzlies!

Any thoughts/help?

On a side note, I'm never given the choice to manually play or sim the single A team. Is that by design or another glitch?

Thanks!