Cyberfaces - question to Kerm and other roster modders!

Bartw

Hey guys,

I'm working on cyberfaces at the moment (including editing 3d files), but I want to release a whole team at a time....or at least try to do as much of one single team before doing other faces. First to go are the Cubs and Boston, but I want to add some new faces as well, for Millar especially.

Now, adding new files doesn't seem to work....I tried using numbers like 850, 900, but that doesn't show up in the game. What DOES work is using Legends and Heroes faces, but I don't know if people are going to like losing those....

I want this to work with Kerm's great rosters, so I'd like to know which numbers I could use for Millar and Zambrano (cubs). Would anyone object to using Legends/Heroes ? If you do, I can always release them as un-numbered files and include a batch file for people who don't mind.

Well, any kind of advice is appreciated :)

B

---------------------------------------------------

Cyberfaces finished sofar:

Boston: Millar, Bellhorn, Nixon, Mueller, Ramirez, Schilling

Cubs: Maddux, Clement, Alex Gonz, Walker, Hollandsworth

Gonzo preview - still work in progress:

Gonzo.jpg

There is a movement afoot to standardize the numbers for portraits, spoken names and cyberfaces, started by HaloFan. There is a database of these numbers, in .csv format, available as a download from MVP mods. It was created by Tony3, who went through the unbelievably tedious process of going through all the roster files and looking for the numbers EA had assigned, but never used. There are around 2300 id's in the database, so anyone you've ever heard of is probably in there.

Kerm's rosters use a photoid of 0 for created players, so you can use MVPedit to assign them to the numbers in Tony3's database. I've already done this for my own use for all Triple-A teams. I haven't looked at the major-leaguers (easy) or the double-A squads (hard) yet.

Archived