Help With Adding Portraits

Fabian16

Hi all,

First of all, I'm from Holland, so sorry if my English is wrong at some places.

Second, my question, I've a roster with Dutch players from the WBC. I've downloaded a portrait-pack as well for that roster. In that pack, the filenames are ID-numbers and the file-format is .DDS. My question is how to get that portraits into the game, so I can see them for example on the scorebord while hitting or when you see the statistics of the players at the begin of a match. I've downloaded the NBA Mod Tool from this forum, but I don't how to use it to get the portraits in it.

Note: Most of the players are created players.

I hope someone could explane to me how to put the portraits into the game (MLB 2K12). I've already read the FAQ and the guide, but I still don't know how to do it.

Thank you,

Fabian

Edited by Fabian16

Hello, sure thing. I'm going to copy and paste what I posted in another thread, let me know if you need help.

what you need is the NBAModtool and a paint program, I use Gimp for mine. But you find the player you want to edit the portrait of in the Modtool than you export res to the paint program so you get the size of the portrait or you can find out the size on modtool on the bottom left where it shows two numbers next to DXT5. The size is from what I can tell always 256,256. So once you have the size go to your paint program an click file and new. Enter 256 for width and height and pixels. Under advanced options if you use gimp select pixels/pt and under the fill with selection set it to transparency. Now that you have the new page find a portrait of the player and copy the picture. Now load a seperate project up in gimp or your program of choice with the same size of 256,256 but for the fill with selection under advanced options choose background color, now paste the portrait there. Now use the scissors tool and go around the player until you connect the dots back to the original starting point. You should now have the player outlined, click on the player inside the outline and the color around them should dissapear leaving you with the player portrait. Now copy the cutout portait and paste it back into the original transparent image you made and the player should have little checkered squares behind him at this point. Now go to the layers tab and select anchor layer to place the portait into the image. Now all that's needed is to save the image as a DDS file, when the next box comes up after saving as a DDS for compression select BC3/DXT5 and select the little box next to Generate mipmaps. Now go back to the NBAmodtool and go to the player who you made the portrait for and select import res and the portait you just made and it should replace the old portait and have a blue background. Close the modtool and load up the game and enjoy! I hope this helps, I can help demonstrate with images if needed.

Also for created players, I can't help you on how to add them in but I would reccommend replacing players and portraits not in use as your next best bet unless someone else on here helps you with creating them from scratch, good luck!

Hello, sure thing. I'm going to copy and paste what I posted in another thread, let me know if you need help.

what you need is the NBAModtool and a paint program, I use Gimp for mine. But you find the player you want to edit the portrait of in the Modtool than you export res to the paint program so you get the size of the portrait or you can find out the size on modtool on the bottom left where it shows two numbers next to DXT5. The size is from what I can tell always 256,256. So once you have the size go to your paint program an click file and new. Enter 256 for width and height and pixels. Under advanced options if you use gimp select pixels/pt and under the fill with selection set it to transparency. Now that you have the new page find a portrait of the player and copy the picture. Now load a seperate project up in gimp or your program of choice with the same size of 256,256 but for the fill with selection under advanced options choose background color, now paste the portrait there. Now use the scissors tool and go around the player until you connect the dots back to the original starting point. You should now have the player outlined, click on the player inside the outline and the color around them should dissapear leaving you with the player portrait. Now copy the cutout portait and paste it back into the original transparent image you made and the player should have little checkered squares behind him at this point. Now go to the layers tab and select anchor layer to place the portait into the image. Now all that's needed is to save the image as a DDS file, when the next box comes up after saving as a DDS for compression select BC3/DXT5 and select the little box next to Generate mipmaps. Now go back to the NBAmodtool and go to the player who you made the portrait for and select import res and the portait you just made and it should replace the old portait and have a blue background. Close the modtool and load up the game and enjoy! I hope this helps, I can help demonstrate with images if needed.

Also for created players, I can't help you on how to add them in but I would reccommend replacing players and portraits not in use as your next best bet unless someone else on here helps you with creating them from scratch, good luck!

Thank you for your answer. There's only one problem I can't solve.

I've already .DDS-files with the all the portraits that I can put into the Modtool, but when I open the Portrait.iff that is in the MLB 2K12 main folder, the ID-numbers only come till about 2500. But the ID's from the players that I created are from 7101 till about 7131.

But, for example, Andruw Jones, has ID-number 744, but when I go to ID-number 744, I don't see Andruw Jones but a whole different player.

Hope you can help me with solving this problem. Maybe I need to make a new ID-number? I don't know.

Thank you.

Fabian

Honestly I wish I could help with that bit I still don't quite understand how to identify portrait id numbers, I asked people myself and every answer I got was to use Ty's editor but I have no clue how to find i using it still because as you said the id numbers an portraits don't add up right, best of luck to you though friend!

Honestly I wish I could help with that bit I still don't quite understand how to identify portrait id numbers, I asked people myself and every answer I got was to use Ty's editor but I have no clue how to find i using it still because as you said the id numbers an portraits don't add up right, best of luck to you though friend!

Thans for helping.

I'd find the ID-numbers in Ty's Editor when you select a player, there one place wherr there is a 'Portrait ID' so there I found the ID's.

Well, I'm gonna look if I get it worked.