Instructions on how to change Camera views?

BigPoppa

Does anyone know what the values im supposed to edit in the datafile.txt to mess with the cameras? I found where the camera angles are, i just need to know what variables do different things to the view. Ive tried a few things, but im not sure what values correspond to each thing...any help would be appreciated!

there's few things you can do:

1. Search the forums for tutorials

2. Search the downloads, i believe there's still some tutorials as well

3. Go to my site, go to camera mods page, there's a link at the bottom to a tutorial made by a buddy, try that one to get you started if all else fails.

BP, what changes have you tried? Kam and Trues answered a lot of my questions, but I thought they were probably getting tired of my PM's so I decided to post here instead, to get more people involved. I've been trying to fix the behind-the-pitcher camera, but it's not going well. I had a 2004 datafile with a fixed ESPN angle. I thought maybe I could copy and paste the four lines for battingview6, but when I did this, the behind-the-pitcher cam was just black. Either I copied and pasted too much (or too little) or the 2004 version doesn't translate to the 2005 datafile. Anyway, I thought I would share this in case you or anyone else was working on it. 4200 heads are better than one. Any ideas?

well the only thing i have successfully tried was changing the values of a couple of things and i got the camera to move left and right, up and down, but i cant seem to figure out the in/out value...very time consuming.

Kamasutra: thanks for the links, the tutorial was all i needed, i think! Im new to the whole baseball modding thing, been doin the NHL series for a few years though...glad i stumbled upon this site! :D

Archived