You Can Do Dynasties Without Any Worry!

The Yankee Faithful

*Info from a friend of mine that I talk to from forums*....

Ever worry about having a dynasty that you are in the core part of or just starting and in the REAL MLB a major trade happens, or even a minor one? Well you can get around with that. My friend told me you go to Options/GamePlay Options/ and then TURN OFF Fair Trades (for the moment at least). You then do the trade, and then put back on Fair Trades and wahla! Problem Solved.

*This can be done with Cuts from a team , etc. Didnt want you think its ONLY TRADES*

Just thought I would give a heads up on this situation that I am sure many of us deal with ;)

This is a new feature in MVP 2005. In the older versions you could not make trades between teams you are not controlling. For example, if I was the Padres in my dynasty I could not make a trade between the Giants and Cubs while in the dynasty.

BTW - this also works in owner mode.

Or did I misunderstand the Post? Can you own one team and make trades between two others?

I think you would act as the middle man.

Lets say for example that you own the Astros.

Fake scenario: The Braves trade Hudson to the Marlins for Delgado.

You could then trade Bagwell to the Braves for Hudson and Biggio to the Marlins for Delgado.

You now own Hudson and Delgado, you would then trade Delgado to the Braves for Bagwell and Hudson to the Marlins for Biggio.

Make sense?

Actually, if you turn fair trades off you don't need to be the middle man...you can actually select any two teams to tade with each other whereas in 2004 you could not.

This is great for me because sometimes for an added challenge I would like to make my rivals in dynasty as strong as possible to make it fun. IN 2004, I had to rely on MVP 2K4 editor to adjust rating in dynasties for my opponents so maybe they would have a stronger pitching staff for the upcoming year or I could increase the star rating of their prospects so in a couple of years they would be stars on their teams. It was really the only way around the poor trade logic of the program where teams never seemed to make trades that benefitted them or made sense.

Now in 2005, I could conceivably make my rival tougher by having them make a blockbuster trade at the deadline to make it more interesting.

I also noticed in 2004 that if you sim, it was all too common for major stars to stay on teams their whole career. So 15 years into the future, A-rod would still be on the Yanks which isn't realistic. At this way I can spice up my dynasty a bit over the years. (Although it appears in 2005 that big stars seem to move a bit more than in 2004).

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, if you turn fair trades off you don't need to be the middle man...you can actually select any two teams to tade with each other whereas in 2004 you could not.

Yeah that's true with the rosters outside of Dynasty mode. Have you tried this within Dynasty after your Dynasty has already begun??? I don't think you can do that there.

Archived