Newbie here with a few questions

pellet

First off, I'm so glad I found this site and I'm thankful to all the guys who are still putting out roster updates and such for MVP 2004. From everything I've read, I haven't heard much difference between 2004 and 2005 to make me want to switch just for the roster updates when I can get them here. Now my questions and bear with me because I never did much mod'ing of MVP 2004 last year so all of this stuf is new to me....

1.) When I use one of the new 2005 rosters, do the changes made to the Expos roster actually coincide with the Nationals? Probably yes, but I want to make sure. Also, do I need to load the custom rosters each time I load the game or will it default to the custom rosters.

2.) I have seen a couple of different updates to change the jerseys and logos for the Expos to the Nationals. Is there a consensus as to which one's are the best and what downloads do I need to make sure the uniforms and the menu logos all represent the change from Expos to Nationals? Oh yeah, is there a stadium download for the Nationals? I guess the short way of asking this would have been, what do I need to get the Nationals in the game?

3.) Is there a season download that will make the 2005 schedule match the real 2005 schedule?

4.) Important one here. I have a Saitek P880 gamepad and it doesn't seem to have enough buttons to do all the things the game allows. For the life of me, I can't figure out what is button 9 or 10 on this thing. Even in the game controllers section of the Control Panel, it lists buttons 9 and 10, but none of the buttons seem to represent them. I've worked around this in the game by not being able to do certain things like charge the mound or hit a batter, but I can't not figure out how to try a pickoff move. Does anyone here have a P880 gamepad that could explain to me what button combinations I need to push to try a pickoff move to a certain base? Do I need to have some special profile loaded in the Saitek software? I just don't know what i'm missing.

Thanks for any help on any of these questions and sorry for being so long winded.

pellet

Archived