Doing season shorten mod

YankeexDev

81 would be good as 1/2 of a regular Season.

54 would be good as 1/3 of a regular Season.

If it can be a fairly balanced schedule with each Team playing relatively the same number of games against their divisional/non dividsional opponents as other Teams do against theirs would be very nice.

That would be a very good Mod.

Thats great news. I think i'd go for either a half season or a third of a season. Would it be possible to do the minor league schedules the same length ? I'll wait to start my season and use this mod as i'll be able to play a few seasons then rather than just one.

zackotronic,

The schedules are contained within the schedule.big file within the database directory (I think?). You can use EAGraph to decompress it and extract several individual text type .dat files. I think there are 3 different ones for 3 separate Major League schedules ( the first 1 used in a Dynasty is typically the #1 one); 2 separate AAA schedules and 2 schedules each for AA & A (or something like that anyways). Then once extracted you can use TextPad to edit this Text type .dat file and you will see each line represents one game between two teams on a certain date at a certain time. Once you do all your editing to the schedule then you can use BigGUI to import/repack and compress it back into the schedule.big file.

I just recently started doing this process to create 7 game Series between two teams and that is the only games on my entire schedule. That way in Dynasty mode the stats are kept for me for that entire 7 games Series.

How many games would you guys like to be in a season? I am not sure how many games to include in a season. I know some guys wanted a shorter season. So i am going it for them.

Just wondering are you having any lucky? When me and another guy tried to edit the schedules we kept getting a situation where the game would tell us there was a one game playoff scheduled but when you pressed OK, you couln't continue..the game wouldn't let you go further. I thought maybe chopping off time on the minor league schedule was the cause but it did no good.

Are you having similar problems?

Archived